The MT-07 Forum

Shipment delays

Laben

• Premium Member

After buying @Spatt’s exhaust I decided to get gaskets from partzilla.com . I ordered it on the 17th. You would think such a small package wouldn’t take long to get there but it’s been almost 20 days. I know Covid has messed some things up but I’m getting really impatient. I wanna hear my new (to me) exhaust and feel the ECU difference! ..just a rant. I’m not truly upset with anyone.

ED22A165-DAE0-461D-93A4-4A820E08FE75.png

71BA96F0-74E2-4919-B2FA-83765BC6D09F.png

AC1B8A95-F017-458E-88A8-C9C0A277A7E8.jpeg

93333485-6B3E-478A-8D94-9AC7080A8DB7.png

• Premium Member

The last screen shot is from today. There hasn’t been an update in 6 days.😑

• Global Moderator

I sent an air mail letter to my dad in New Zealand in April.  It took over two months to get there.  It normally takes about a week. 

I would be going to the post office to see where the package was delivered.  They know exactly where it was delivered when it was delivered.  Possibly went to the wrong address through a shipping error since it is out for delivery in Ohio.   They do a GPS shot of where it was delivered and your last screen shot says it was delivered.

Don't jump on the people at your local post office, they can only tell you what they see.  I'm betting it went to the wrong place.  If it went to WV it would show arrival in WV at whatever hub or post office it should go to.

Edited by klx678

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Spatt said:

Pay for postage and I’ll send you new ones 

BAM!! @Laben  Although I don't see that it has been delivered. I might be wrong but recheck it.

18 hours ago, fzar said:

BAM!! @Laben  Although I don't see that it has been delivered. I might be wrong but recheck it.

Did you miss the last line of the USPS tracking form?  

Yakko Warner

UPS is overwhelmed with the increase in packages they are getting.  Here's an article about the Oakland, CA hub problems:

rawImage.jpg

<p>The workload of delivery drivers has soared during the pandemic, and a union representative and some UPS...

Not to excuse anything, but this looks like a nationwide UPS problem right now.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, klx678 said:

Did you miss the last line of the USPS tracking form?  

Which one? Enlighten me!

23 hours ago, fzar said:

As I said "I maybe wrong."

17 minutes ago, fzar said:

Which one? Enlighten me!

As I said "I maybe wrong."

It seems that the last slip on his screen says the package was received by the USPS and went out for delivery then showing delivered.  But seeing that it says to contact the USPS, it is likely the UPS tracking.  I spoke with the clerk at the post office where I frequent, she's been a big help numerous times.   She said UPS will put down a package is delivered when it has only been dropped at the US post office receiving.   So I may likely be wrong courtesy of UPS's crap tracking when they use the USPS.   

The OP needs to see what the actual USPS tracking number is by contacting the post office to see what is actually happening.  

One reason I try to not use UPS.  Why pay more for shipping when they use the post office too.

• Premium Member

Sorry everyone. The package actually came the day after i posted this. @Spatt Thank you for the offer! 

I haven't had many good experiences with UPS but that might just be me. I didn't realize they sent their items through usps half of the time, which prolongs the shipment.. so whats the point lol.

I should have a post soon about the exhaust and how everything thing feels. 

Thanks everyone for the input!

• Like 1

I never use UPS of my own accord if USPS is available.  It is always lower cost and usually faster delivery.   Only now with all the pandemic stuff and the big increase in shipping as the economy ramps up - you have to realize all suppliers and plants closed too - there are serious delays going overseas.   I wouldn't be half surprised to learn a lot of the USPS shipping that used to fly now goes ground.  Heck, they're using ships to send overseas.