The MT-07 Forum

I got my MT07!

jhoffa

As advertised, I went and got my MT07 yesterday morning. I was a bit nervous about riding the bike while I was looking at it. Keep in mind I've only owned up to 300cc bikes with the Ninja 300 and R3. After the first few minutes I was feeling great on it.

The torque is insane. I was constantly getting pushed back against the pillion seat and when I really hit the throttle my arms felt like they were gonna get ripped off. I love it! 

You guys were right about the throttle being a little twitchy. Any solutions to that?

I also want to modify the hell out of it. Any suggestions or threads? 

IMG-20200718-WA0044.thumb.jpg.125f0cb37cdc86eacfa2b49eeb831c98.jpg

• Like 1

You will love it. I went from a Rebel 500 to my MT-07 and it was a blast. Puts a smile on my face every time plus lots of mods. To get rid of the twitchiness, get a tune from 2WDW it really smooths the bike out then get a R6 throttle tube. It makes it easier to go full throttle with less rotation. After that, got to get an exhaust, makes it sound so mean. I have a Akrapovic Ti baffle removed and damn it sounds mean. LOL. Enjoy your new money pit.😆

• Like 1

Lol, money pit! I completely agree with you; I've been looking at parts and accessories non-stop today. I'm not in the states so I can't send my ecu to 2WDW, but I'm going to find a place for an ecu flash and I've got the R6 throttle tube on my wish list. 

I'm gonna check out some paint and decals: any recommendations? 

Regarding the Akra, I was thinking about the Toce. I saw some videos and it sounds AMAZING! 

• Premium Member

Congrats and welcome to the club. Really great members here all with an endless amount of invaluable knowledge.

Perhaps the R6 throttle tube might offer a little more responsiveness that youre looking for? There's some threads on it here....

Ive sunk thousands into modifying mine and have enjoyed spending every dime. Most noticeable performance mod IMO was adding the PowerCommander-V along with the Hord Power air filter and his tuned map (for the PC-V)... felt like a brand new bike....and a new seat.... and lots of extra lights....and r77 exhaust ...and electronic modules....and a bunch of Rizoma parts...and rearsets .... and fenders.... and suspension...and an alarm.... and an airhorn... and kreiga bags ....and so on ... and then all the awesome riding gear. Loving it.

Have fun man and stay safe out there!

• Thanks 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, Mr.Puss said:

"....and a new seat.... and lots of extra lights....and r77 exhaust ...and electronic modules....and a bunch of Rizoma parts...and rearsets .... and fenders.... and suspension...and an alarm.... and an airhorn... and kreiga bags ....and so on ...

Welcome to the club!

What he said ^^^^^   ..... I'd go with these mods first.... and then you can branch out and get some of the more optional stuff. 😅

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, jhoffa said:

I also want to modify the hell out of it. Any suggestions or threads? 

Buy some quality safety gear first.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, fzar said:

Buy some quality safety gear first.

This. Then this. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mr.Puss said:

Congrats and welcome to the club. Really great members here all with an endless amount of invaluable knowledge.

Perhaps the R6 throttle tube might offer a little more responsiveness that youre looking for? There's some threads on it here....

Ive sunk thousands into modifying mine and have enjoyed spending every dime. Most noticeable performance mod IMO was adding the PowerCommander-V along with the Hord Power air filter and his tuned map (for the PC-V)... felt like a brand new bike....and a new seat.... and lots of extra lights....and r77 exhaust ...and electronic modules....and a bunch of Rizoma parts...and rearsets .... and fenders.... and suspension...and an alarm.... and an airhorn... and kreiga bags ....and so on ... and then all the awesome riding gear. Loving it.

Have fun man and stay safe out there!

Thanks a lot man! I appreciate the advice, everyone. I'll take it to heart. I'm gonna start with frame sliders, led lights and some reflective tape for my rims and a few other places on my bike.

I'm also really interested in the Dynojet power commander and Boosterplug. Which one is better? I'm looking to avoid having my bike run lean and I want to get the best performance out of it, as well. More hp & torque? Sure!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 7/19/2020 at 7:18 PM, jhoffa said:

Thanks a lot man! I appreciate the advice, everyone. I'll take it to heart. I'm gonna start with frame sliders, led lights and some reflective tape for my rims and a few other places on my bike.

I'm also really interested in the Dynojet power commander and Boosterplug. Which one is better? I'm looking to avoid having my bike run lean and I want to get the best performance out of it, as well. More hp & torque? Sure!

That booster plug is a new one to me, must be a newer piece of kit. 

If youre the creative type I recommend buying a tape slitter and a couple different rolls of 3m reflective hula hoop tape. I cut my own rim strips and still have a big roll left over for my helmet and or other parts of the bike, house, cat etc.

For lights I have 4 denali DM-Micro led spotlights on the forks and 6 Bike-vis bullets around the windscreen. LED tail/head light + 2 red bike-vis bullets on the license plate hooked up to a 'Custom-led' brand brake strobe. The bike -vis are tiny and bright. The denali's are outstanding.

I agree with others here, buy quality gear! My preferences: Racer brand gloves, shoei helm, sidi boots, custom Motoport pants (amazing and worth every penny) Dainese leather and textile jackets and a Helite Airvest. Buy the best you can because you just never know.  

• Thanks 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

7 hours ago, jhoffa said:

Lol, money pit! I completely agree with you; I've been looking at parts and accessories non-stop today. I'm not in the states so I can't send my ecu to 2WDW, but I'm going to find a place for an ecu flash and I've got the R6 throttle tube on my wish list. 

I'm gonna check out some paint and decals: any recommendations? 

Regarding the Akra, I was thinking about the Toce. I saw some videos and it sounds AMAZING! 

Best looking and best sounding exhaust!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Just a heads up...

The R6 tube will only make the throttle twitch more pronounced if the twitch is not resolved first. So get the flash or booster or whatever prefered fix to the fuel cut-off on decel first. I highly recommend the 2WDW ECU flash. It makes this bike  a much more refined ride.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Welcome and congrats! Are they still putting in the same old dim light bulb as the first FZ's? Safety is paramount and the number one reason bikers get killed is because people in cars claim they didn't see the bike and pull out in front of them so you want to make sure you are seen. I would get a 10k lumens Cyclops LED bulb and get noticed a little more. the forum is full of mods so if you think of something you want it's probably already been talked about and here. Just type the key words into the search engine, top right.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Beemer

Welcome to the forum! Other than exhaust, I'd look into an integrated tail light, and turn signals from TST Industries. They're pretty cheap and make a huge difference in terms of cleaning up the bike and visibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome.  There will be tons of items screaming for your attention to mod.  Start with your riding gear first, then frame sliders, ecu flash, headlight and blinker bulbs, then the rest.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 1down5up said:

Welcome to the forum! Other than exhaust, I'd look into an integrated tail light, and turn signals from TST Industries. They're pretty cheap and make a huge difference in terms of cleaning up the bike and visibility.

I have the TST tail light, not only does it look pretty F'ing cool it does grab attention.

• Like 4

Beemer

On 7/19/2020 at 4:08 PM, scat2me said:

I installed the Booster plug on mine. Simple install and the twitchiness disappeared. Very happy with it 3 years now.

Release the Power in your Yamaha, without the expensive setup of a Power Commander and Dyno hours

I think I will start a new thread about this!

Edited by D.A.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nice bike! Was the matching FOX shirt accidental or intentional? 

I think you might be extra sensitive to throttle twitchiness because it’s the first time you are riding the mt07 and you just came from smaller 300cc motors. I say give it a hundred miles and see if you can adjust to throttle sensitivity. Obviously the actual mechanics of the throttle response could be better but you cant disregard the element of the rider adjusting to the bike. Same goes for all the controls, brake sensitivity, and clutch friction zone. Give some time to acclimate. If you are still unhappy, then do mods. 

Edited by Kiwii