The MT-07 Forum

Weird stall and sudden "more power"

Mimo750

Hello guys! I recently faced this problem, while i was riding back to home at rush hour between the cars my bike suddenly turned off/stalled the moment i gave a little gas to start at the green light. This happened 2 times, one yesterday and another one last year but i didn't care back then much since i was still learning how to ride. Another weird thing happened last week again going home from work, i was accelerating with about 60% applied gas and suddenly i felt the bike kicking more power just like i would have applied more gas/full gas, it kinda confused me there but never happened again since then. I have an akra ti installed with the baffle insert in as the only mod. I read in various forums that the stalling issue was not uncommon but wanted to read a more specific opinion in the mt-07 forums here. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Mimo750

• Premium Member

Sounds as though it could be fuel related. Is the bike stored under cover?  I'm wondering if there is either perhaps some contamination in the tank, in the injectors. 

When experiencing this issue what level was your fuel?

But it could just as easily be something else unrelated. Just spit balling.

Good luck resolving your issue. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Thanks for the reply, indeed the bike is stored under cover to protect it from the sun. How is this related though? If i remember correct the fuel level was low to be honest, it was blinking but i have measured it and i could travel for about 30-35km more until it becomes emtpy. Maybe the bike needs a tune because here is very hot and it runs lean with the akra exhaust? edit: now that i'm thinking, whenever i twist the throttle lightly when idling, the engine tends to stall and it happens almost everyday lately. Would need to twist it more to "unclog" it like it doens't get feeded with fuel.

Edited by Mimo750

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Mimo750 said:

Thanks for the reply, indeed the bike is stored under cover to protect it from the sun. How is this related though? If i remember correct the fuel level was low to be honest, it was blinking but i have measured it and i could travel for about 30-35km more until it becomes emtpy. Maybe the bike needs a tune because here is very hot and it runs lean with the akra exhaust? edit: now that i'm thinking, whenever i twist the throttle lightly when idling, the engine tends to stall and it happens almost everyday lately. Would need to twist it more to "unclog" it like it doens't get feeded with fuel.

I asked about how it is stored to consider whether or not water intrusion, either into the tank or the electrical system might be a factor. 
You say the fuel level was low. This may or may not be relevant depending on if there is some contaminants (rust, water etc) your tank.

I could be wrong but I believe if it was tune related the problems would be constant, not intermittent. 

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator

I used to have some similar surging and found removing the oxygen sensor cured it.  You could try disconnecting the sensor wire at the and see if the problem goes away.  

Sounds like your fuel pump found the water in the gas.  If you live in a humid area that cools at night, leaving the steel tank empty will collect condensation.  Eventually, you get a drop in the gas.  Your engine found it and got a micro steam cleaning.  🤣

• Premium Member

Id guess some spoiled gas. My bike sat indoors over the long winter without adding fuel stabilizer and I had a couple surges come spring. Ran it through and filled with fresh gas, no issues.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I don't know what causes the surge you're experiencing but "on occasion" my bike has has little surges like that and I just wrote them off to fuel/air, quirks, nothing to be alarmed about since they don't happen on a regular basis. As far as you bike stalling there is a thread on here about that, it's been talked about almost as much as "what oil to use". The problem there is with the fuel cut-off and 2WDW can fix that problem (and others) with a flash tune of your ECU. They're a vendor on here so contact them and tell them your problem, they'll fix you right up.

Beemer