The MT-07 Forum

Storage gear on bike

Cameron

Anyone have any experience or suggestions on things I can add to make riding more convenient? Carrying my helmet around gets annoying and being in a city I don't feel comfortable leaving it on the bike.  Any helmet carrying gear out there that anyone has used?

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Anyone have any experience or suggestions on things I can add to make riding more convenient? Carrying my helmet around gets annoying and being in a city I don't feel comfortable leaving it on the bike.  Any helmet carrying gear out there that anyone has used?

a basic backpack would handle it for you if you don't want to get side cases on your bike.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

MyHatIsBread

I just bought one of these tailbags - straps under the pillion seat quite nicely, unclips leaving the bra strap attached, and comes with attachable shoulder straps to convert it into a backpack when it's not on the bike.  I wear an XL helmet and it takes it relatively comfortably, but it's expandable so it's not that big when on the bike.

You do have to remove the underseat strapping when not using it (well you don't but they'll just flop about otherwise) but it's pretty cheap and a good size.  I should add that this link is to Amazon UK so you might have to hunt around depending on where you are.

JFG RACING Motorcycle Seat Bag/Tail Bag - Dual Use Motorcycle Backpack Waterproof Luggage Bags Motorbike Helmet Bag Storage Bags: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Edited by MyHatIsBread
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DewMan said:

a basic backpack would handle it for you if you don't want to get side cases on your bike.

My backpack is a little small for my helmet but true the sidebags wouldn't look right on a naked bike. 

You can get a locking top case.  I've got one and it'll hold my jacket, rain gear, helmet, gloves, and a few other odds and ends.  It can be a bit of a squeeze to close sometimes, but it works well.  I mounted mine to the pillion, so that I can remove the whole kit by unlocking the pillion release and then can throw the pillion seat back on if I desire.  You can see a pic in my (dated) thread.