The MT-07 Forum

Custom 2 into 2....

blackout

• Premium Member

I hope to fabricate a 2 into 2 exhaust for my XSR700 this winter using two Tyga Maggots.  Should sound real nice with each cylinder firing through it's own muffler.

exsl-8013set-0f0c502b (1).jpg

20200529_160051.jpg

• Like 5

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

I’ll be waiting for this project. I think it would sound great with 2 short megs like that 👍🏻

Ed

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Premium Member

I plan to have one routed like the Akra carbon and the other mounted just under the passenger peg.  Won't know for sure until the Maggots are mocked up.

• Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

You should see the two into two flat track pipes on the Estenson Yamaha flat trackers.  Look a lot like the S&S pipes for the  Kawasaki 650 below:

kawasaki-low-pipes_web.jpg

So new I can't find any pictures of them on the bikes.   I noticed them in the AFT flat track races shown on NBC Sports.

I'd love to have a set of them.   I'd give up the right side clearance, although I think a street set could tuck up in and higher.

• Like 1

Isn't there a potential problem here of balancing, esp if one is routed similar to the Akra?

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, sansnombre said:

Isn't there a potential problem here of balancing, esp if one is routed similar to the Akra?

Would that be if they are not equal length? Is that your concern?  

My plan was for equal length.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

I’m also planning a 2-2 exhaust this winter. Going to use the S&S flat track mufflers and do a MotoGP style,  one under tail and one high on the side to keep lean angle clearance 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Nice! Looks like a cool project to take on. Cant wait to hear it.

• Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Hosleymoto said:

I’m also planning a 2-2 exhaust this winter. Going to use the S&S flat track mufflers and do a MotoGP style,  one under tail and one high on the side to keep lean angle clearance 

Cool, that should look nice!

I'm not too worried about lean angle clearance as I have my FZ07R for track, but I will do my best to maximize clearance on the XSR700.

Have you thought about tube outside diameter?  My current plan is 1.5" o.d.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

22 hours ago, blackout said:

Would that be if they are not equal length? Is that your concern?  

My plan was for equal length.

Indeed it was . . .

On 7/28/2020 at 6:16 PM, blackout said:

Cool, that should look nice!

I'm not too worried about lean angle clearance as I have my FZ07R for track, but I will do my best to maximize clearance on the XSR700.

Have you thought about tube outside diameter?  My current plan is 1.5" o.d.

I’ve looked at my yoshi system and taken some measurements I can’t remember what I have written down. I spent some time at the Estenson pit at the NY American Flattrack race last year. Got to talk to their engine tech for awhile and take some good pics. Planning a similar header/ mid section like they run.

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Hosleymoto said:

I’ve looked at my yoshi system and taken some measurements I can’t remember what I have written down. I spent some time at the Estenson pit at the NY American Flattrack race last year. Got to talk to their engine tech for awhile and take some good pics. Planning a similar header/ mid section like they run.

Cool!

I'll probably just use the stock headers like I did on my FZ07R's custom exhaust.  

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York