The MT-07 Forum

STAY Clear of Ebay chinese Signal lights.

Kiwii

I made the mistake.....multiple times before coming to terms with the fact that the Cheap Chinese Signals are garbage. I realized I am not alone in making this mistake. I wanted to provide anyone else specific details on what went wrong. It looks like these useless items aren't all from Ebay. There are sellers on Amazon selling the same items for more $. 

First order: Sequential LED flowing light

s-l400.jpg

LED Light Model: Flowing Water. LED Lights Color: Yellow.

First off, they are way too small and dim. The actual light portion is very small. They won't be visible by other vehicles. Very small overall. Again worse visibility than stock lights and bulbs. Finally, they are DEFECTIVE. The seller actually had the nerve to tell me that the sequential action is for the running light. When the signal is turned on nothing happens. Very unsafe. The only working combination of the wiring is to have no running light and just blinking LED. 

Second Try: 

s-l400.jpg

Specfication: Usage: Running, Braking light and Turn signal lights Body Color: Black Lens Color: Smoke Front Light Color: Amber Back Color: Blue LED Working voltage: DC 12V Mounting Bolt Thread:...

Again, way too small and not visible. With these the sequential action does not finish before restarting. I cheaped out and bought the non adjustable relay. 

Last try: 

s-l400.jpg

4x Universal Motorcycle Bike LED Amber Turn Signal Light Indicator Lamp Blinker. 2Pcs Motorcycle Flush Mount LED Turn Signal Light Indicator Blinker Lamp Amber. 4x Motorcycle 24-LED Turn Signal...

Again, the sequential action (racing white ring) is part of the running light. I don't understand how it makes any sense. On top of that, the light on this item is very weak. not any better than Halogen bulbs. Build quality worse than the others. 

If this isn't convincing enough, I don't know what is. Hopefully this saves other's money. I can post actual photos soon. 

Bigturbomax

From my experience the brand oxford is the only "cheap" turn signals worth buying with VERY few exceptions

Anymore you have to be very skeptical of all brands on all sites because it seems like most do sell at least some items made in China or other questionable places. That's not to say all items made there are bad, I've bought some stuff that proved to be a good purchase but I used good ol' common sense (not that you didn't) and checked out the reviews before buying. That's the only thing that seems to keep me safe from buying cheap products from where ever but it's no guarantee, occasionally the bastards manage to get me. tip: I look closely for reviews that say things too often like, lights are dim, mounts are flimsy, stopped working right after I put them on or soon after, cheap materials/fell apart, not waterproof/water got inside, malfunctions, etc.

• Like 1

Beemer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

From personal experience IMO Ebay has been a sketchy ripoff for years and Amazon is rife with counterfeit stuff now with little to no control over whats being hawked. I've dropped Ebay/Amazon entirely and will happily pay more for an established quality brand through the legitimate authorized vendor.

Why take the chance? Might cost couple extra bucks but it sure beats the waste of time and money/ cortisol spike. ;)

• Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

From my long experience, any lighting ordered from Cyclops is long lasting, bright, very well made and very bright. 

You get what you pay for folks.  

High performance LED lights & accessories for motorcycles, autos, snowmobiles & more. Exceptional customer service. U.S. based. Worldwide delivery.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2020 at 6:09 AM, Beemer said:

Anymore you have to be very skeptical of all brands on all sites because it seems like most do sell at least some items made in China or other questionable places. That's not to say all items made there are bad, I've bought some stuff that proved to be a good purchase but I used good ol' common sense (not that you didn't) and checked out the reviews before buying. That's the only thing that seems to keep me safe from buying cheap products from where ever but it's no guarantee, occasionally the bastards manage to get me. tip: I look closely for reviews that say things too often like, lights are dim, mounts are flimsy, stopped working right after I put them on or soon after, cheap materials/fell apart, not waterproof/water got inside, malfunctions, etc.

To be honest I made impulse buys on these signals. I was thinking that that all the eBay ones I bought were still less than a set from cycle gear or tst. The bad thing about eBay is that there isn’t reviews since there are so many sellers of the same product. I regret not buying from amazon. Despite the higher price, it’s much easier to return. 

On 8/8/2020 at 2:39 PM, Cruizin said:

From my long experience, any lighting ordered from Cyclops is long lasting, bright, very well made and very bright. 

You get what you pay for folks.  

High performance LED lights & accessories for motorcycles, autos, snowmobiles & more. Exceptional customer service. U.S...

Thanks for the link and review. Looks like they are from WA too. Love support local businesses. 

what kills me is that some of the products look identical to the Chinese ones. (Multi function 2.0 turn signal kits) look exactly like what is on eBay.