The MT-07 Forum

Banged up the Oil pan on the Fz7

CriticalCore

CriticalCore

Had a incident with the sidewalk shoulder that ended up banging the oil pan on the Fz07, not a gaping hole but probably a big crack somewhere as it constantly dripped ~ a litre over the course of an hour and the rest has been drained come morning. 

Found the Fz07 assembly page where all the parts can be ordered, was wondering what exactly I need to grab, theres the Strainer cover Assembly and then the drain bolts, might as well get new one's at this point. That and the Gasket strainer cover #8 

If anyone has by any chance had a similiar issue I'd love to hear some advice or suggestions!

image.thumb.png.c50c9853bfc7af88dedbacbe947fbcf6.png

Shop online for OEM Oil Cleaner parts that fit your 2015 Yamaha FZ07 (FZ07FW), search all our OEM Parts or call at (231)737-4542

If I seal it up with duct tape, drop some new oil in and ride to a bike shop is that okay for a short ride? Or will I need to pretty much tow it lol.

Edited by CriticalCore

That's what you need unless, you can weld aluminum or know someone who can AND the damage is fixable. Hiring a pro to weld it would cost as much as new parts to fix it properly.

Or,

It's a smaller crack in an easy area to work with and you're experienced with JB Weld.

I'd haul it in but as long as there's oil in the motor and you don't get stuck at a red light or something you'd be fine. Duct tape is not your friend here, it will immediately leak, then fall off.

• Like 2