The MT-07 Forum

Some times you feel like a nut.

Grant31781

I mostly ride my bike in a sensible manner however I get a little wild for time to time. I turned off on a road known for not having much traffic and a low chance of the pork. This car also turned off behind me and seemed to want  creep up  on me. They didn't keep up with me. A few triple digit bursts made them disappear from sight. Still didn't see them at the stop sign. 😁 A little risk from time to time is ok I guess. The bike needed blowing out.  I was told the way to deal with deer on 2 wheels was the hit them fast enough to split the deer in half. Deer is my biggest fear riding as there are a lot of them and they like to run out and get hit or hit you. Sometimes the reward outweights the risk.

• Haha 1

I was on a borrowed bike when a deer jumped across the road in front of me. I only had time to scream. But it was gone as quickly as it arrived. No accident, just a bad memory.  And a lesson.

• Like 1

Just do it! 

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Grant31781 said:

I mostly ride my bike in a sensible manner however I get a little wild for time to time. I turned off on a road known for not having much traffic and a low chance of the pork. This car also turned off behind me and seemed to want  creep up  on me. They didn't keep up with me. A few triple digit bursts made them disappear from sight. Still didn't see them at the stop sign. 😁 A little risk from time to time is ok I guess. The bike needed blowing out.  I was told the way to deal with deer on 2 wheels was the hit them fast enough to split the deer in half. Deer is my biggest fear riding as there are a lot of them and they like to run out and get hit or hit you. Sometimes the reward outweights the risk.

Ive only ever partially opened it up on a long stretch of open highway (170kph on a 100kph limit). Pretty intense as a newer rider especially knowing it has more under the hood.

My fear is losing my license, a lofty fine, possible court date and impounding of my baby. My curiosity of its true power is ever alluring.  Wish there was a drag strip around to give it a good run.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator

Hopefully you will never have to find out if our deer theory is correct.  I see a lot of them here too, but I just slow way down so I can stop if they run in front of me.  It seems that flashing the high beams tends to scare them away, but I am not sure if this really works or it is just coincidental. 

4 hours ago, Mr.Puss said:

Ive only ever partially opened it up on a long stretch of open highway (170kph on a 100kph limit). Pretty intense as a newer rider especially knowing it has more under the hood.

My fear is losing my license, a lofty fine, possible court date and impounding of my baby. My curiosity of its true power is ever alluring.  Wish there was a drag strip around to give it a good run.

I also like my license and money in my wallet.   

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, mjh937 said:

Hopefully you will never have to find out if our deer theory is correct.  I see a lot of them here too, but I just slow way down so I can stop if they run in front of me.  It seems that flashing the high beams tends to scare them away, but I am not sure if this really works or it is just coincidental. 

car-headlights.jpg

D. Peterson asks: Why do deer always seem to freeze in headlights instead...

Seems like highbeams may even make it worse.

• Global Moderator
1 hour ago, i28 said:
car-headlights.jpg

D. Peterson asks: Why do deer always seem to freeze in headlights instead...

Seems like highbeams may even make it worse.

Interesting.  I seldom ride at night, but in the daytime I feel the flashing of high beams seems to make them run off.  I do admit that this may all be coincidental but it makes me feel better and so far seems to have worked. 

• Like 1