The MT-07 Forum

Tail tidy, I thought it was tail re-tardy?

Pursuvant

• Global Moderator

So being 60 and suffering this week from medical stuff, I got after the bike with a  bit of abandonment. Check out my re-tardy tail, cost $0 dollars, and about an hour mostly laying on the cardboard on the garage floor contemplating what a cool life I've had and hope this works out so somebody else can get some no cost fun out of it

pic6.thumb.jpg.33ef59c845ccb9ce44eb3e864cbc11ed.jpg

IMG_20200910_200935235.thumb.jpg.af78501a6da86bfbda0f48ea852c7118.jpg

IMG_20200910_200952385.thumb.jpg.7dca5cf63e4ad3ce3b118c951de70156.jpg

Yes I wanted the BIG turn signals, I want my bike to shout at cars I'M HERE DAMINT. Actually wish the bike had more retro stuff, I'm contemplating some powdercoat and fabrication of ancient looking Yamaha cues from the RD400 days, just before that Kaw GPZ550 came out and turned everything upside down (actually I loved that GPZ550, it was my hot ride, and it ushered in the entire 600 middleweight class of motorcycles!) Not to mention it gave us one of the greatest bike genre names ever - it was the first NINJA. Ya baby.

Well if anybody thinks this is something other than dog poop I'll publish the steps how to do it, for zero bucks.

• Like 3

Any chance I get to work on my bike makes me happy. I'm sure everyone here agrees with that.

That looks like a very thorough and clean job. Do you have a side shot that shows the entire bike? It will give everyone a better feel for the flow of the bike since this is a more than likely a one off customization.   

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
31 minutes ago, Airbornedeth said:

Do you have a side shot that shows the entire bike?

ya, best idea, i'm still learning how stuff works at 60 on the web....

full3.2Untitled.jpg.4d8c577112f3c3afb9c20ff867103174.jpgfull4.2.jpg.7ae9499a4669fb989d9cee2b0e7a299c.jpgfull5.2.jpg.a2efa79951d1e373677fe3545331254a.jpg

• Like 5

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, Pursuvant said:

Yes I wanted the BIG turn signals, I want my bike to shout at cars I'M HERE DAMINT.

I'm right there with you on that sentiment. Have you replaced the incandescent bulbs with much brighter LEDs yet?

i've been using these for the last 3 years without issue:

You can see a photo in this thread that shows how much brighter they are than stock bulbs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator

You know you guys have convinced me, it's time to loose those gigantic bulbus lights that look like Yamaha borrowed from Hans Solo's millenium falcon...

pic6.thumb.jpg.c15b05f7567a207d48b831557e60eff9.jpg

with the cool clean lights I've seen the rest of you running around with, and I will have a (nearly) free and finally great looking tail. Thanks all for your input

and give the front end the same treatment!

Edited by Pursuvant

• Global Moderator
On 9/10/2020 at 9:43 PM, DewMan said:

Have you replaced the incandescent bulbs with much brighter LEDs yet?

DewMan, I misunderstood the significant improvement you pulled off here.

Excellent my man! Just awesome

• Thanks 1