The MT-07 Forum

Hello from CA!

ponytail_syndrome

ponytail_syndrome

Hello! Just picked up a 2020 MT-07 (in the Ice Fluo color scheme 😉) three days ago, finally! I've had a crush on the FZ/MT-07's since I saw my first one a few years ago, back when I had just started riding, and I finally saved enough to have a good downpayment on one on Sunday. I sold my 2015 FZ6R, and less than four hours later walked out of a local dealership with the keys to my new bike. I'm excited to join the forum and read about how others have upgraded their bikes! As soon as I do my 600 miles service (hopefully next week or the week after) I'll be getting the Yamaha 50 liter top case put on as well. Usually I do my own service and upgrades, but couldn't bear the thought of drilling into a new bike to install the top case brackets so soon after buying it, lol. Next upgrades will be a windscreen, heated grips (I commute 45+ minutes at 5ish AM, so the heated grips are definitely a big help), and fog lights. Someday I'll probably pick up some crash bars or frame sliders, too, and am considering a center stand, as I don't have a rear wheel stand at home and they make chain maintenance so easy.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Oh we'll be more than happy to help you spend your money. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 5 months later...

Hey everyone, 

Im new to the forum, but not the bike.  Got a used one in 2019, and haven't wanted to leave this damn engine lol

Anyway this is the bike currently.

81430.jpeg

81432.jpeg

81428.jpeg

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
On 9/29/2020 at 9:23 AM, ponytail_syndrome said:

I do my own service and upgrades

Way to go ptail. Here's maybe a first investment that improved braking seat of pants 30%

EBC HH Brake Pads
Front: EBC FA252HH

Only need to do front calipers. Enjoy, you have a fine machine