The MT-07 Forum

I took a risk and purchased a $195 Amazon exhaust special

Evanlamarr88

Evanlamarr88

Bought this and this. Crazy, I know!

I bought the circular exhaust b/c I called 2WDW and asked them what exhaust outfit they had the best results on. They said the Akra GP Carbon Racing, because most of the other exhausts are so short that the rapid expansion of exhaust gases due to short pipes creates artificial back pressure which reduces speed of exhaust gasses in the pipe, consequently lowering scavenging power. He said it was the circle on the Akra exhaust that gave it the extra length needed for maximum speed. I'm sure I could get it with a longer un-turned pipe, but longer unturned pipes = greater chances of you or your passenger burning yourself on them, and the lower center of gravity has to help, even if a tiny bit, plus the look of the pipe coming out lower I just think looks so much better on this bike.

I bought that can b/c, via the Amazon videos, it sounded like it would be the closest to a Black Widow 200mm rasp and snarl, and that was my goal.

I'll post back with results. 

• Like 1

2WDW are absolutely right, the mt is best suited for a longer pipe but the akra is the only good looking one ( there is an Australian one that I do not recall) .

usually ( but may change depending on the bike/pipes) the longer pipes = more power at lower revs . Short pipe =more power at the higher revs .

so technically you will go faster with a shorter pipe but the real reason why they ( and me too ) say that the akra is really good is the balance between top/middle end gains.

I generalized to reach the point but the pipe's diameter is extremely important and will have as much importance as the length 

To be honest, you'd get better power results with the standard exhaust and Hord's intake.

BUT not everyone wants better top end power, and although Hord's intake sounds great, your standard exhaust won't sound as good as an aftermarket exhaust.

Combine both and the engine performs much better.

• Like 1