The MT-07 Forum

Looks like Yamaha will be unveiling some new MT models on October 27

bartman5impson

• Premium Member

Well that was a completely useless video.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I was planning on buying a FZ-07 this weekend as the dealership is knocking $300 off the price until the EoM. I  guess I'll wait until the last minute now. 

LED turn signals as well.  I love(d) my MT-07, just a bit small for me.  Hopefully it's not going the other way (downward) in size.

The 07 is due for a makeover for a long time. 
the 2nd gen was just a mild facelift, the suspension work still remained subpar. 
if they’re able to modernise it a bit more, leds, new display and adjustable forks (new tracer has it) I’m down. 
A duke 125 passed me yesterday, even that has a colour display....

price it up a bit but give us innovation.

Still sticking with my 16 race blue though..

• Like 1

Lots will not want a 'price-up'. That was a key USP of the bike in the first place. For me, just things which would improve the riding experience would be enough.  Suspension is still tops. I still think it has a great 'look' even after 6 years + its facelift. A shift cam engine like their 125cc might be good. (No duke for me, thanks, BTW 🙂).

Just do it! 

I really liked my MT-07 (now my wife's bike).  That said, the KTM Duke, while not without teething issues - has been an amazing motorcycle.  If Yamaha came out with something that bridged the gap between the 2, I'd be on it.  I bleed blue...

• Global Moderator

They bumped the -09 up to 890cc.  I wonder if the -07 will need a higher displacement engine for Euro compliance.  Hopefully if the give it an instrument panel like the -09 it will be an easy swap.  I definitely want that.  

• Like 2

Looks like they adjusted the suspension - fully adjustable front and rear along with some new electronics and a quick shifter/auto blipper based on the spec sheet I'm seeing. I want to like it...but the front just looks so ugly...like it's too small for the rest of the bike.

• Like 2

bartman5impson

Cycle World: Yamaha Unveils Completely Redesigned 2021 MT-09

I love everything about it

• $9,399 MSRP ($400 increase over 2020 model)
  • 847cc -> 890cc
  • 8 lbs lighter
  • updated engine and chassis
  • six-axis IMU
  • claimed 11% improvement in fuel efficiency
  • traction control, wheelie control, ABS, and slide control
  • 3.5-inch TFT display
  • up/down quickshifter
  • fully adjustable 41mm Kayaba inverted fork and a Kayaba monoshock, adjustable for preload and rebound
  • Nissin radial master cylinder
  • spin-forged aluminum wheels
  • can move handlebar clamps 10mm forward, raise footpegs 14mm, and move them 4mm rearward
  • Full LED lighting

UAVGUXFUHRDZLFKCVJSTMEDIJM.jpg

Edited by bartman5impson
  • Like 1

New MT09 looks awesome. I’m wondering if they will carry some changes over to the XSR900. 

It's awfully impressive the upgrades for not much more $$$.  If I'm being nitpicky...that banana seat.  I just don't like it, never have.  I don't mind the headlight, which is apparently a point of contention with some on the webz.  

• Like 1

bartman5impson
2 hours ago, robbo10 said:

I think the bike has a great profile. Rather akin to the 07.

just a couple of mods and it starts to looks much better

mt09.png

11 hours ago, RobZilla said:

New MT09 looks awesome. I’m wondering if they will carry some changes over to the XSR900. 

I’m sure they will seeing that it uses the same powerplant. The tracer 900 was caught during a publicity footage. New engine and new styling. 
the xsr is bound to go next. 

BA088524-1D3C-4403-8587-176AB0ED392E.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 4:19 PM, mjh937 said:

They bumped the -09 up to 890cc.  I wonder if the -07 will need a higher displacement engine for Euro compliance.  Hopefully if the give it an instrument panel like the -09 it will be an easy swap.  I definitely want that.  

It won’t. The tracer 700 is already out with new euro5 norms. They just had to slapp a hideous exhaust and it worked. 

• Like 1

I suspect that the 07 will get that Tracer 700 and Tenere engine. It has 3 less bhp. Seeing the spy shot, maybe a new headlight too.

Just do it! 

Looks are totally subjective for sure.   Reminds me of the 1982 Suzuki Katana.   I thought it looked hideous, but with a rider on the bike it suddenly looked right.   When I see a seat like that on the MT I'm thinking comfort.   Not real big on the headlight, but then again I still like round ones, more traditional.   

• Like 1