The MT-07 Forum

New Owner - 2018 MT-07 - From New York

myfootisdumb

Hello, bought a 2018 MT-07 a month ago. Am located in New York

Got it for $6290 with tax - 6000 on odometer. No scratches.

List of Mods that came with the bike.

• Front and rear spools
  • ASV shorty levers
  • Handle bar ends
  • SC Project Exhaust(I think baffle is welded in)
  • Non Intrusive side markers
  • Frame Sliders
  • ECU(Not installed, unopened package)
  • Tidy Tail
  • DNA stage 2 air filter
  • Black Metal Radiator Cover
  • Windscreen
  • Tank Leg grips

Future Plans.

• Factory Pro Shift Kit(anyone had any experience with this on a MT-07, I installed one on my old bike and it made a huge improvement)
  • Fix/New Suspension.. any recommendations, best bang for the buck.. I am just thinking I'd like to go further than just preload caps, springs and oil.
  • Make it so the high beam stays on with the low beam
  • R6 Throttle Cable(I heard this is a good mod)

This bike has been a blast to ride, highly recommend it, the reason for the purchase is that it fit my budget and got most out of a newer motorcycle. Came from a 2007 Yamaha YZF600R. Enjoy!

IMG_1688.thumb.jpg.f7c830a6f436e75ff38bcf80fc75da66.jpg

Edited by myfootisdumb
  • Like 3

Nice bike and good plan. 

An aftermarket rear shock settles the stock front end a lot, start with that before changing your front suspension. ‘Budget’ shocks from all the reputable brands (Ohlins, Ktech, Nitron, Penske etc) are all that’s needed.

Not real keen on your idea to ride around with high beam on, it just blinds and annoys other road users.

• Premium Member

Welcome to the club. Once you work out the suspension it's a whole other bike. 

6 hours ago, myfootisdumb said:
  • R6 Throttle Cable(I heard this is a good mod)

I assume this is a typo? 

It's the throttle tube that is replaced. Not the cable. This thread below has lots of good information including the part # you'll need. I've not heard anyone regret making the change.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

On 11/9/2020 at 12:25 AM, stickshift said:

Nice bike and good plan. 

An aftermarket rear shock settles the stock front end a lot, start with that before changing your front suspension. ‘Budget’ shocks from all the reputable brands (Ohlins, Ktech, Nitron, Penske etc) are all that’s needed.

Not real keen on your idea to ride around with high beam on, it just blinds and annoys other road users.

On 11/9/2020 at 12:25 AM, stickshift said:

oh i meant to say the low beam stays on when you switch to high beam.. the other way around.. hahaha like when u have low beam on and hit the high beam flasher button. Ill be checking these suspensions thanks for letting me know todo my rear first.