The MT-07 Forum

Shinko 705 Dual sport tires

Spitfire7

So I'm back, been awhile. Life.

You can guess my former name.

Just levered on a new Shinko 705 back tire. What a pain yet got er done, in 3 hours. From over an hour to rip off the old one, dropping the spacer inside the wheel, to pain to reinflate, used ratchet strap to compress circumference and 4 tries. Done.

Last change was 2.5 yrs ago and 10-12 k miles with same. 95% hwy. Ran it pretty much bald. Thought some might be interested in seeing what the tire actually looks like inside so I cut it open. I'm impressed at the thickness and fact that tread comes with 3 nylon plies and an aramid or Kevlar. Pretty tough And durable. This is my second set and totally trouble free except for screw which I patched with a plug and kept on rolling

Pics fyi. Thick tire in all aspects. Recommend with good handling characteristics overall.

Be working on a new paint job when I get the chance this winter. Maybe a new fruit stripe gum flavor?

20201115_143541_resize_7.jpg

20201115_145522_resize_9.jpg

More detailed pics fyi.

Even though bald, still lots of thickness left in the center. I've also run these with almost no air and the stiff sidewalls allow it to keep running, just not motogp cornering. Makes them hard to install and seal the beads though.

This isn't the right forum really but pass the word fellow bros. Might post on Adv rider when I get a chance.

20201115_145627_resize_47.jpg

20201115_145644_resize_38.jpg

20201115_145725_resize_39.jpg

Edited by Spitfire7