The MT-07 Forum

Which map to flash?

Curious kid

I recently bought a used 2016 FZ-07 with an aftermarket Voodoo performance full exhaust already installed. I've just ordered a ftecu from 2wdw and was wondering if anyone could suggest a particular map to flash the ecu with my setup? 

34 minutes ago, Curious kid said:

I recently bought a used 2016 FZ-07 with an aftermarket Voodoo performance full exhaust already installed. I've just ordered a ftecu from 2wdw and was wondering if anyone could suggest a particular map to flash the ecu with my setup? 

I'm confused. That ecu you have coming will have a 'flash' on it, you won't need a 'map'. 

Thank you. This is new to me so I'm confused too. I thought once I receive the kit to hook up to my bike I would need to choose a particular fuel map to reprogram the ecu with? 

Oh, if You purchased a bike side kit to flash your own ecu that would be the case.  If you purchase the mail in ecu flash it's plug and play, one and done. They are running a terrific sale right now too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mossrider said:

Oh, if You purchased a bike side kit to flash your own ecu that would be the case.  If you purchase the mail in ecu flash it's plug and play, one and done. They are running a terrific sale right now too. 

Yes Sir, it is a great deal. I've heard it's one of the best mods to do to your bike. I'm just unsure of this particular 'map' thing.

Just now, Curious kid said:

Yes Sir, it is a great deal. I've heard it's one of the best mods to do to your bike. I'm just unsure of this particular 'map' thing.

Just unplug your ecu from the bikes main wire harness and send it to 2WDW. They will reflash it for you and send it back. You plug it back in and enjoy your new beast. Throttle will work better, bike will fuel better, excessive compression braking mostly gone, makes better power (add a Hord Power airbox to complete nirvanna) Takes about a week from unplug to plug. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Curious kid said:

I did purchase the bike side kit and now just trying to figure out this 'map' thing for my exhaust and stock air filter (will probably remove snorkel). 

Just now, Curious kid said:

I did purchase the bike side kit and now just trying to figure out this 'map' thing for my exhaust and stock air filter (will probably remove snorkel). 

Call them, they'll hook you up. 

• Like 1