The MT-07 Forum

Street Boot Recommendations

seven

RST Tractech Evo III Sport CE Motorcycle Boot 2101 (Black), Free...

I picked these up a while back. I don't remember if that's the site I ordered from or not, but $150 for fully armored waterproof boots is a bargain. The materials, construction and quality of the hardware is as good as I've seen on any brand. 

If I blind picked these up in a shop without a price tag on them I would assume they were $300-400 boots.

I've got about 5k miles on mine now. I love em. 

As far as what people "should" wear when riding. Well, not my business, but I've got 100 acres covered with all sorts of trails and a few different track sections. My strictest rule is you don't ride without quality boots. I don't care how much or how little they cost- don't come here with flimsy boots. 

Foot injuries are much more prevalent offroad. Sure, can't argue that. But 30mph on a 250lb bike on dirt vs 80mph on 400lb+ bike grinding on asphalt surrounded by concrete barriers and who knows what else?  Hmm ...

I have my opinions and they don't mean anything to anyone except me. But I will wholeheartedly say that any riding gear manufacturer that produces "riding footwear" with laces oughta be taken out and whipped. Shoelaces on motorcycles are just a horrible idea. Getting sucked in to the chain isn't the main concern. The biggest issue is the laces getting tangled in the foot controls or some other pokey bit. Just don't do it. 

• Like 2

just googled why do boots/shoes have heels and apparently its for two main reasons. 

1. to make you look taller and more attractive

2. so your feet dont slip out of the stirrups riding a horse.

..so, if your boots have heels on em, swap your footpegs for stirrups and youll be all set. :D

Edited by 00RAH

Thank you, everybody, for the answers. This thread has helped me indeed. I am also looking for new riding boots with a little more protection. At first, I didn’t pay proper attention to this issue and was just riding in my loafers from www.gentlemansguru.com. That looks fancy but not really practical. I think I will try the TCX S-Speed boots. It is useful that they are waterproof because it’s raining quite often in my area, and my feet end up soaking wet. This is especially the case during fall and spring.  PS. Are these shoes comfortable to just walk in them around?

Edited by rrevenger

There are various types available in the market. Some are good and some are normal. But you can wear them in streets, homes, and during other light activities. 

If you're looking for work boots or welding boots, you can buy "Iron Age Men's Ground Breaker Work Boot". This is better than normal work boots.