The MT-07 Forum

another Gday from Australia

Morgan Australia

Morgan Australia

Saying hello and offering up a pic of my bike, Gold Coast,  Australia

This is a 2015 LAMS bike,  Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme,  it is a sleeved and smaller piston 655cc version of the engine that had other restrictions.  I flashed it's ECU myself after addressing the restrictions and suspension, it makes about 71HP at the wheel. Up from 46 or similar. Almost a standard HO. I think.  Either way it's a nice "650" to ride.

I am an older stooge 54 years old .. due to family commitments,  I had let my bike licence expire for that long I missed out on a "Returning Rider Status" and had to start again as a Learner Rider and LAMS (March this year) .. these MT07's  IMNHO was the best bike in that category,  in that it is most common and so parts etc easy and cheap to get

... all I can say is f..k yeah !  .. I love this bike,  as you all know theyre so easy to ride once the suspension is done, so glad to own it and that wouldnt have happened if I hadnt been made to do the LAMS thing.  Bonus lol 

Thnx for the add.

Black with yellow MT 004.jpg

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

Welcome there Morgan, from a fellow oldster. Great to see you are back in the game. It's a special kind of thrill to putting bikes away for years, then coming back.

Not to hijack this thread but are those "reverse retro" mirrors? Did you consider CRG Arrows? I'm going to do something about mirrors in this off season 

Hope you like it here, lots of good experience on this forum.

• Like 1

And from another one, welcome. Bike looks good.  I think it feels even better to be back after a gap of years.

• Like 1

Just do it! 

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome, I was 57 when I purchased my 2015 FZ-07 over 5 years ago and had not ridden for over 25 years. As you know, a fun bike to ride. Be safe out there.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I was also in my 50s when I purchased my 2017 FZ-07 after about a 25 yrs break too. Very happy I did. 👍

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I was 75 when I bought my Mt-07.  I had a break of 50 years from the age of 17. It has been so good to be back. Never too late...

• Like 2

Just do it! 

Morgan Australia
On 12/12/2020 at 4:07 PM, Pursuvant said:

Welcome there Morgan, from a fellow oldster. Great to see you are back in the game. It's a special kind of thrill to putting bikes away for years, then coming back.

Not to hijack this thread but are those "reverse retro" mirrors? Did you consider CRG Arrows? I'm going to do something about mirrors in this off season 

Hope you like it here, lots of good experience on this forum.

that made me google .. umm .. nothing is manufactured for sale here other then made in China,  local comapnaies have their products made and branded there from Alibaba and similar ...  these are the cheapest of the cheap made in China from ebay.au (might as well been WISH no different lol) and cost AUD$16.99 

I had them mounted under on the standard bars but when I changed over to the Protaper they seemed to hit the tank plastics worse .. so I mounted them above ..  something odd about my body shape and or seating position .. but I cant see with standard mirrors and those similar style to the arrows neither .. these under or over I still have to move my arms a little to use them. 

• 4 weeks later...
Sunnycalibear

Beautiful bike! Welcome to the forum. 

I can already hear this thing purr with that akrapovic 😍