The MT-07 Forum

New Rider, American in Taiwan

xyu

I just put a down payment on the 2015 FZ-07. I got it in the Competition White color. It hasn't been released yet here in Taiwan, but my name is registered and the loan has gone through. It's quite expensive to buy a "heavy" bike in Taiwan. So the out-the-door price is around 12,600 USD! Still, I think this bike is the perfect bike for Taiwan's city and mountain roads because of the light and agility of this bike. It will arrive late this January and I'm so excited to get my first bike over 250cc.

Right now I'm doing a lot of gear shopping. I'm going to go with Icon Variant Construct, i think it would look very cool on this bike. I'm still unsure of the exhaust. I really like the SC-project or Zard exhaust. This is going to be a commuter bike for me so I would like to get a Givi box or Alu rack on it.

Thank you all!!

• Global Moderator

Welcome @xyu, great to have you on board! Excellent colour choice. ;) 

I think you just broke the record as far as how much you have paid for the bike. But you are going to love it I am sure.
Did you get the chance to test ride it?

• Global Moderator

Exiting! You won't be disappointed. I never even sat on one and bought mine right out of the crate.
The first experience was riding it home. It was a blast !

• Global Moderator

I had sat on one but never test rode one before I bought mine. I have not been disappointed.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome xyu! I put a deposit down on one before I sat on it too. Didn't ride one until a month later at a rally. Then I couldn't wait to get mine! You'll love yours when it finally gets here.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

This thread made me think that we needed a poll about who test rode a FZ-07 before they bought theirs. I made one☺.

Archived