The MT-07 Forum

New MT-07 owner in KS

JeffroTull

Hello everyone! My name is Jeff and I've been lurking around the forum for a few weeks now. I'm 33-year-old Topeka, KS resident, and I am not new to riding but I am new to Yamaha. I rode dirt bikes for years, (KTM's and Kawi's mostly), cbr 600's and I recently owned a KTM 390 Duke. I loved the DUKE for blasting around town but found it a bit lacking when trying to blow past people on the interstate. I new I was gonna need to upgrade to a larger naked, and after about 4 months of deliberating I narrowed it down to the Duke 790 or the MT-07. I  ended up picking up this 2020 with around 1000 miles on it for 6500 bucks, and I am incredibly pumped to do some mods and put some miles on this thing! 

I look forward to convening with all the platform veterans in here and learning more about this bike and that sweet CP2!

IMG_0256.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Jeff!  I'm new here too, and got a 2020 back in October.  It looks just like yours except for the exhaust system.  Mine is stock.  It's by far the nicest all-around motorcycle I've owned.  I'm sure you'll enjoy yours.

• Like 1

Nice to meet you Jim, I wasn't sure how I felt about the blue/black combo before I saw it in person. But once I did, I was a big fan. I'm looking forward spending some time with it!

41 minutes ago, JeffroTull said:

Nice to meet you Jim, I wasn't sure how I felt about the blue/black combo before I saw it in person. But once I did, I was a big fan. I'm looking forward spending some time with it!

Oh, I'm a long time fan of blue and black.  I did this to my 1972 H2 a year or so after I got it in '78.  The photo is from a couple years ago.

jims_h2_moonshine_1024.jpg

Edited by Triple Jim
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, JeffroTull said:

I'll bet that was a fun bike!

It still is.  I still have it and ride it regularly.

• Like 2

Just now, bornagainbiker said:

Congrats and welcome to the forum--I really like that exhaust. 👍

Thanks for the welcome dude, I'm a fan as well and it sounds awesome.

Hi Jeff - from another Jeff (in California)! Congrats on the new bike. I just bought a new 2020 MT07 a week ago. I have about 250 miles on it - really like it! I wanted a smaller, lighter bike than my 2003 FZ-1. Obviously not as powerful, but plenty of pull on the freeway. And the twisties are more fun now!

Jeff

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JeffL said:

Hi Jeff - from another Jeff (in California)! Congrats on the new bike. I just bought a new 2020 MT07 a week ago. I have about 250 miles on it - really like it! I wanted a smaller, lighter bike than my 2003 FZ-1. Obviously not as powerful, but plenty of pull on the freeway. And the twisties are more fun now!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! Yeah the 07 is definitely not a record-setting powerhouse like your FZ-1, but I think that 75 hp in a 400# bike is about the perfect combo for 95 % of the type of riding I do.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forum.

Ed

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

Sunnycalibear

This forum is going to teach you everything you need to know about this beautiful bike!

my favorite color combo for the 07. welcome to the club.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sunnycalibear said:

This forum is going to teach you everything you need to know about this beautiful bike!

and show you all the ways to spend money on your new obsession. 😁

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

On 1/25/2021 at 1:37 AM, DewMan said:

and show you all the ways to spend money on your new obsession. 😁

Indeed sir, since I purchased Friday I’ve already ordered a windscreen, side bags and rails, LCD flip, color screen, chain adjuster spools and frame sliders.  

• Like 2