The MT-07 Forum

Bay Area Riders

Sunnycalibear

Sunnycalibear

I was wondering how many riders are here in the bay area and would be willing to meet for a ride?

I had hwy 9/17/35 area in mind but I'm open to any other places those are the areas I am just familiar with. Would like to see some other fz07s and maybe learn a thing or two about riding!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm in the south bay. I have a 2015 but dont ride much. When I do go for a "ride" ride I'm usually on 9. Just wanted to drop in with a hello. 

bartman5impson

If you're in Morgan Hill you should check out Mt Umunhum. Great views on the ride up but it's very technical and it has no shortage of tight corners with steep drop offs. I wouldn't recommend it to a new rider even though the speeds stay between 15-35 mph.

How long have you been riding?

• 2 weeks later...
Sunnycalibear

I bought the bike in October so I've been riding for about 5 months now and put a little over 2k on my FZ07 since then. I usually go riding with some buddies so I might go check that place out whenever we link up again. I've done Uvas in the area which is really nice now with the new paved road. Thanks for the recommendation @bartman5impson 🤟

Edited by Sunnycalibear
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Sunnycalibear

separated my shoulder snowboarding last week, wont be riding for awhile now 😔

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Sunnycalibear

@cruzian3 Im usually in both towns quite frequently but havent been in the valley for a while now. When I am back tho I'm definitely down to go ridin'.

Planning on going up Mt Umunhum this sunday evening if anyone wants to cruise. Hoping its not too smoky.

• Like 1

Sunnycalibear

dang sorry @bartman5impson just seeing this! Need to turn on my notifications. 

Ended up going to henry coe instead since it was closer, they actually just repaved the entire road up to there it was NICEE 

IMG_0761.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
Sunnycalibear

Anyone going to SF FNR on the 28th? I'll be riding out from tracy. It'll be cool to see some fourm members there. 

• 7 months later...

Check out Highway 9 to Santa Cruz starting at Saratoga. That stretch of road is really fun, though cops patrol there frequently during the weekend.