The MT-07 Forum

New FZ-07 fan here!

attila

Hello Everybody,
I bought my 2015 FZ-07 a week ago and think this is probably the funnest bike I have ever ridden! I have been riding for 42 years and currently have 6 bikes. I sold a CBR-929RR to get the fizzer and boy am I happy! This bike is light, nimble, quick and has TORQUE. Yeah, I'm still breaking it in but you don't have to rev it over 5k anyway! What a blast. So far I've put a fender eliminator on and replaced the huge dorky turn-signals with LED lights. I'm in So-Cal about 5 miles from the Rock Store.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome attila! I think it's a fun bike too. Excellent choice on mods so far, did you remove that pesky warning label from your tank too? What color did you get?

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Welcome. Can you post photos of the LED turn signals. I am still deciding which ones to get for mine.

• Global Moderator

Hi @attila and welcome. You can rev it past 5k during brake in no problem. Just not for a prolonged period of time and be sure the engine is fully warmed up.
Time to spank the fizzy!

• Premium Member

I haven't herd a complaint yet for this bike that is exactly why I'm getting one too!

Congrats!

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Welcome attila! I think it's a fun bike too. Excellent choice on mods so far, did you remove that pesky warning label from your tank too? What color did you get?
Thanks! Yes pesky label went first. The color is white. I will post pics of the turn signals. I bought the "tail-tidy" kit for about $70 and it came with 4 turn signals plus the license plate holder and LED license plate light. Had to do a little soldering to get the turn signals in and bought a turn signal flasher from the Auto zone to make the LED lights flash at a normal rate. It's a bit of a chore getting to the flasher under the tank panel etc... but well worth it.

"You can rev it past 5k during brake in no problem"
Read more: http://fz07.org/post/17864/quote/1368#ixzz3KbgjyyXM

Yes indeed! I was revving it up to about 6k about 100 miles into the break-in, but in all reality with all the torque there almost seems to be no reason to rev it into the redline.

"Welcome Attila. Another Magyar FZ07 owner here, in the SFV. I am only about 35 miles from Newcombs Ranch."
"Read more: http://fz07.org/post/17864/quote/1368#ixzz3KbhFkLLK

Cool! We should hook up for a ride sometime! I have been going to Angeles Crest for years -- starting on an RD-350!

• Premium Member

Welcome! I was up there with my FZ07 during the summer. Maybe I'll see you around if I ever decide to make the ride back up there!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived