The MT-07 Forum

MT07 Cluster Relacement

modestep15

Hey guys, Ive got these weird scratches underneath my MT07 cluster and I cant seem to find a replacement. I only need the front panel with the glass in it not the whole dash, Yamaha only sells the complete dash which is around $700 in my country so I'm not doing that. Here are some pictures of what it looks like.

Cheers 

mt07 dash.jpg

If I had to pay 1/4 of that $700 to get rid of the scratches, I'd learn to like them.   :)  It looks like they're not over the active part of the display anyway.

Edited by Triple Jim

4 minutes ago, Triple Jim said:

If I had to pay 1/4 of that $700 to get rid of the scratches, I'd learn to like them.   :)  It looks like they're not over the active part of the display anyway.

Yeah it's just a bit of an eyesore, no way I'm paying $700 for a new dash, just wanted to see if I could get a cheap replacement

At the price of the whole unit, I don't think I'd even chance attempting to see if the glass is replaceable.  If something went wrong it could be very expensive!

Edited by Triple Jim
  • Like 1

• Global Moderator

I have a scratch in my display and I installed a screen protector.  You cannot see the scratch now and I think I paid around $20.  Unfortunately I cannot remember the brand I got, but I am sure you can find one if you Google it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjh937 said:

I have a scratch in my display and I installed a screen protector.  You cannot see the scratch now and I think I paid around $20.  Unfortunately I cannot remember the brand I got, but I am sure you can find one if you Google it. 

Oh ok sweet, I'll have a look

here i buy these

2 Set Motorcyle Cluster Screen Protection Speedometer Film For Yamaha MT07 FZ07 | eBay

Speedometer Anti-Scratch Film Screen Protector for Yamaha MT07 FZ07 | eBay

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scat2me said:

here i buy these

2 Set Motorcyle Cluster Screen Protection Speedometer Film For Yamaha MT07 FZ07 | eBay

Speedometer Anti-Scratch Film Screen Protector for Yamaha MT07 FZ07 | eBay

Awesome, thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, le druide said:

Speedo angels, very good quality,  exact fit, the best for me !

https://speedo-angels.com/

That looked like a decent deal so I ordered three clear ones.  Thanks for the recommendation!

I took a close look at my nearly  new display and could see cobweb scratches and a couple slightly bigger ones, so I was convinced.  I don't even have a thousand miles on it yet.

1 hour ago, Triple Jim said:

That looked like a decent deal so I ordered three clear ones.  Thanks for the recommendation!

I took a close look at my nearly  new display and could see cobweb scratches and a couple slightly bigger ones, so I was convinced.  I don't even have a thousand miles on it yet.

Good choice and shipping is very fast !

1 hour ago, D'ster said:

I just cut a piece of clear vinyl to fit and voila!  The scratch disappeared.  

How did you make the vinyl stick, how thick was it, where did you get it, etc.?

I purchased it at Victory Vinyls in Calgary, they have hundred's of colors to choose from.  It has an adhesive on it, slightly wet the surface and made sure it was exactly where I wanted it, squeegeed it flat and let it dry.  No problems since, I also put some on the tank and tail piece where my tank bag and tail bag straps touch the plastic.  I can't remember how thick it it though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Speedo Angels screen protectors arrived today from the UK, and I just put one on.  I have two spares too.  They took just under two weeks to get here.  It's a nice kit they supply to clean, remove dust, and install.  They were $18.99 delivered, with the conversion from 12.99 Pounds to US dollars.

Thanks to those who alerted me to their existence, and thanks to @le druide for the link to the Speedo Angels site.

@scat2me, from the photos on eBay, those are identical to the ones I got from Speedo Angels, and at 2 for $8 they're somewhat cheaper.  It doesn't look like they come with the micro fiber cleaning pad etc. though, but that stuff isn't really needed.  I'll know for next time.

Edited by Triple Jim

• Premium Member

🧐 scratches?

to me, that almost looks more like the thin film protector was never taken off and is growing air bubbles. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Triple Jim said:

My Speedo Angels screen protectors arrived today from the UK, and I just put one on.  I have two spares too.  They took just under two weeks to get here.  It's a nice kit they supply to clean, remove dust, and install.  They were $18.99 delivered, with the conversion from 12.99 Pounds to US dollars.

Thanks to those who alerted me to their existence, and thanks to @le druide for the link to the Speedo Angels site.

I'm glad I helped you ! 

8 hours ago, i28 said:

🧐 scratches?

to me, that almost looks more like the thin film protector was never taken off and is growing air bubbles. 

Now that you mentioned it... yes it does.