The MT-07 Forum

Greetings from Chicago

tofuproductions

tofuproductions

Hi all

I just purchased a 2020 MT-07 today. I pick it up (getting it delivered) either this Friday or next Friday, depending on when I sell my 600rr.

Few things about me, I've never owned a new bike before, always purchased lightly used - and I've been riding mainly track (prior bikes were 250r, 600rr, r6, 1098s and a grom [grom obviously isn't track,lol]), but now that my age has slowly caught up to me and my line of work is fairly physical on top of another full-time job, my body is aching a bit here and there.

I rode my 600rr pretty much only a handful of times last year, I love riding, it's my therapy but the 600rr just no longer did it for me, my body was having a 'chore' just to try and enjoy it. Enter the MT-07. My good buddy has a FZ6r which is comfortable and has enough power for around town, I haven't gotten much into the 'cruiser style' of bikes so I wanted something "in the middle" of it all. I sat and rode on a MT-07 not long ago and fell in love. It was/is exactly what I've been missing.

It'll be sad to let go my 600rr, it was spec'd out to near 'perfection' and it is absolutely mint, but I want to let it go to another loving home and it really is time. I look forward to awesome adventures on the MT-07 and in my opinion, I think they're great looking bikes though I'll have to admit, when I was younger, I didn't care for them (when it was the FZ) as much. 

Anyways, nice to 'meet' you all. Ride safe and watch your six.

• Like 2

Hello TP, Welcome!

I got my 2020 back in October and feel the same way about it.  It is exactly the motorcycle I've been wanting.  Have fun with yours!

I bought a new 2020 MT-07 a month ago and love it! My previous bike was a 2003 FZ1 (original owner). Obviously not as much power but plenty for me. Much more nimble in the twisties!

Jeff 

• Like 1

Welcome. I have 2019 MT-07 and this is the first bike I have even owned (or ridden for that matter) so I have nothing to compare to but it is a fantastic bike. Plenty of pretty smart and knowledgeable people on this forum with great insight.

Welcome aboard. The 07 isn't the dedicated track animal that your 600 was but there is no reason why you couldn't hit up a track day here and there when you get the itch. It is an excellent all-around bike, and I'm sure you'll be happy with your choice for a long time.

tofuproductions

Took delivery of it earlier today, just spent the past hour or so ordering up all the stuff on my shopping list.

Now I wait.

PS: Whomever JeffL is up there, I did a triple take, as my name is Jeff and my last name also begins with L.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys (and gals?). 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Congratulations on your new FZ purchase. Welcome to the forum.

Ed

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• 3 weeks later...
tofuproductions

I never got around to posting up photos, I just bought a few parts for it (still some left to install) -
but here is "Sushi" - still sitting at 0 miles. Waiting for the weather to finally clear up so I can break it in.

Sushi.jpg

• Like 1