The MT-07 Forum

Need help problem with hazards led lights

Joaoduarte

Hey all, i got a strange problem on my bike, mt07 2018 model, got oem yamaha led blinkers all four, stock relay flasher, and problem is with bike ignition turned on my blinkers works to the left and to the right also the hazard lghts works well, once i start my bike blinkers works to the left, works to the right, but wheni turn my hazard light (all 4 at same time) they blink once and for 5 seconds my blinkers dont work, after that they work again. Tested all fuses - are fine, swapped my relay flasher with one from a friends mt07, no luck. Can anyone give me an hint?

Thank you all

• Global Moderator

I suspect you need an electronic flasher relay as the lower resistance of the LED bulbs can cause problems like this (the stock relay relies on the resistance of the incandescent bulbs to work correctly).  Fortunately a new relay is not very expensive.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mjh937 said:

I suspect you need an electronic flasher relay as the lower resistance of the LED bulbs can cause problems like this (the stock relay relies on the resistance of the incandescent bulbs to work correctly).  Fortunately a new relay is not very expensive.

I tried another relay from a friend who has the same setup and on his mt07 my relay worked well. Thnks for your help

Solved, tested all fuses, relay flasher, each blinker without any results, after that tested each resistance by removing one at a timr, till discovering that the front resistance of the right blinker was the problem, removed it and now everything is normal. 🤨 so disconnected the resistance and connected this blinker without it, and now hazards runs with no problems when bike is on

IMG_20210314_223902.jpg

I read on some forum that the Yamaha LED flashers require that you do not install the resistors on the front;only install the rear ones.

5 hours ago, seven said:

I read on some forum that the Yamaha LED flashers require that you do not install the resistors on the front;only install the rear ones.

Yes i think that was the problem ive to measure the resistance with the multimeter, but i mean this was a job done by a yamaha dealer they should have made it well... But no..

Thanks for the help 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Joaoduarte said:

Yes i think that was the problem ive to measure the resistance with the multimeter, but i mean this was a job done by a yamaha dealer they should have made it well... But no..

Thanks for the help 

Sounds like you need a new dealer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

27 minutes ago, DewMan said:

Or ask for a refund of some/all of the labor cost.

34 minutes ago, DewMan said:

Think so the drugs of this one are too strong 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Joaoduarte said:

Think so the drugs of this one are too strong 

Fnd one not smoking his own product. 😵

• Haha 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.