The MT-07 Forum

Sin City checking in

MikeOz

Hello, All,

New to the forum as I’m the new owner of a ‘16 FZ07. Quick bio: 40....ish from LV, NV. Happily taken and Dad to 5 little dream-smashers that I love with all my heart. The fizz is bike #8 for me, been riding 21 years now. Also current owner of a Vulcan 900 Classic. Just traded an immaculate ‘05 r6 Raven for the FZ, no cash involved. 
    Anyway, I try to join a bike-specific forum for whatever I own atm, so...“Hello, FZ07 peeps!” I do my own work so I’m looking forward to grabbing some good FZ knowledge! And even possibly passing on some general knowledge to others. I’ve already spotted a few kinks to work out on the bike so I’ll start by just searching the forums. 

Thanks, everyone. Ride safe! ✌️😎

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Welcome to the cult ummm group of like minded individuals who enjoy the FZ/MT-07. 😃

We'll be happy to help you spend your dream-smashers' college fund money on fixing those "few kinks". 😁

Why did you decided to upgrade from the R6 to the 07?

• Haha 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

@MikeOz

You think you have just a few kinks to work out but the more time you spend on her all you will realize is that there are even more kinks to work out. Don't get me wrong, this bike would be perfect for most anyone to ride as is and never really touch anything but the people on will get you to drink the Kool-aid and all of a sudden there is a list of things that "have" to be purchased and installed. LOL

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, seven said:

@MikeOz

You think you have just a few kinks to work out but the more time you spend on her all you will realize is that there are even more kinks to work out. Don't get me wrong, this bike would be perfect for most anyone to ride as is and never really touch anything but the people on will get you to drink the Kool-aid and all of a sudden there is a list of things that "have" to be purchased and installed. LOL

But you got to admit.. it's REALLY GOOD Kool-Aid. 😁

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

22 minutes ago, DewMan said:

But you got to admit.. it's REALLY GOOD Kool-Aid. 😁

Sooooooooooooooo good.

6 hours ago, DewMan said:

Why did you decide to upgrade from the R6 to the 07?

I've always been open-minded about styles. The R6 was my 3rd full sport, never owned a naked, so I was intrigued. Also, I was not finding myself riding the R6 anywhere near full potential. Maybe 10 years ago, but not today. I'm satisfied with the FZ top speed and the newfound torque is amazing!!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MikeOz said:

I've always been open-minded about styles. The R6 was my 3rd full sport, never owned a naked, so I was intrigued. Also, I was not finding myself riding the R6 anywhere near full potential. Maybe 10 years ago, but not today. I'm satisfied with the FZ top speed and the newfound torque is amazing!!

I considered an R6 myself.  It's truly a great motorcycle.  But as you said, I would mainly be frustrated with it on public roads, and if I go to a track it's probably going to be with my 2007 Ninja 250.   :)   If I want some scary excitement I just get on my hot-rodded 1972 Kaw H2.

Edited by Triple Jim

5 hours ago, seven said:

@MikeOz

Lol, I'm not in denial. The R6 that I just got rid of was almost as upgraded as possible. There's nothing left to fiddle with on the Vulcan, aftermarket everything.

However, I am talking about actual issues on the 07, not upgrades. The exhaust leaks badly at the slip-on joints, tail plastics are loose, no mirrors. After those...we'll just have to see. ;)

2 minutes ago, Triple Jim said:

If I want some scary excitement I just get on my hot-rodded 1972 Kaw H2.

2-stroke, right? Excitement is an understatement, lol.

5 minutes ago, MikeOz said:

2-stroke, right? Excitement is an understatement, lol.

Yes, 3 cylinders, 2-stroke.  I've added reed valves, H2R porting, 34mm carbs, squish bands, and chambers.  Some handling improvements as well.

• Like 2