The MT-07 Forum

Motorcycle Manufacturers Compared

bornagainbiker

• Global Moderator

There all the best, because every one i touched gave me experiences that are me now, I am that two wheel miracle in motion. And some of the best memories, are those last minute changes/fixes before the flag dropped, especially enjoyment from working the early years technologies. The're all perfect, well except for the vitpilen but you know what i mean :)

That's a fun video, thx

Edited by Pursuvant
  • Like 2

That was interesting.  I don't really understand why more of the particles aren't trapped in the oil filters though. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
41 minutes ago, Triple Jim said:

That was interesting.  I don't really understand why more of the particles aren't trapped in the oil filters though. 

The scary part is, a lot of them probably were. 😱 

• Like 1

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

13 hours ago, Triple Jim said:

Haha, I watched this a couple of days ago but didn't think of that angle. You're right though, maybe they should be looking at the filters they supply as stock. 

• Like 2

It doesnt make any sense why dont they test the oil after 10k miles. I mean ok bmw and ktm looks like the kings but in the meantime theres legions of people complaining about issues with their bikes, we yamaha people just eating the popcorns alongside the orher japanese brand owners, and chinese motorcyle owners packing miles and miles without any problem. So comparing the oil of the first service means nothing in the real world. Just my 2 cents

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ibleedblue said:

Haha, I watched this a couple of days ago but didn't think of that angle. You're right though, maybe they should be looking at the filters they supply as stock. 

I did a little reading.   Most oil filters are halfway good at removing particles in the 5-10 micron range, but if they let 10% or 20% of those through I guess it could account for finding plenty of particles that size in the tested oil samples.

8 minutes ago, Joaoduarte said:

It doesnt make any sense why dont they test the oil after 10k miles.

This video seemed to be looking at the amount of dirt that manufacturers put into engines when they made them.  Checking after 10,000 miles would be checking how fast the engines are wearing, since most of the dirt from manufacturing would be trapped in the filters by then.  Both are important, but it's two different subjects.

• Like 1

Sample size of 1 pretty much negates any data that was found anyway, fun watch but scientifically inconclusive. Even if it lines up pretty much as you'd expect for each manufacturer

• Like 5