The MT-07 Forum

Happy occasion and just wanted to share

Bigturbomax

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Bigturbomax said:

Hi all. I've been on this forum for some time now and it's been a great place to chat, share ideas and learn about our machines. The Fz07 is my 6th motorcycle in my riding journey. I purchased it my 2017 brand new in September of 2017. It was my first new vehicle purchase of any kind and has been my pride and joy ever since. I have ridden over 20,000 miles on this fine machine and look forward to many more. 

As of Tuesday I made my final payment 6 months early and paid it off. It's now officially mine...no longer property of the bank. 

In any case, I grew up with very little and have worked very hard to get where I am now. So it's a small thing for some, but paying off my first new vehicle AND it being such a great one as the FZ07 is just an amazing feeling. I plan to keep it for YEARS to come. 

You all have fun and keep the shiny side up. Thanks for being here and allowing me to share my passion for this sport with all of you!

Congratulations. Feels good to know it's all yours. Enjoy.

Ed

• Thanks 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Global Moderator

You got a serious case of moto-man and it leads to one of the great adventures of life, splitting the universe at speed with mind & body -literally.

Go with it, go all the way with it, get some racing under your belt, off road with a used motocrosser, or other. Know what it feels like when the flag drops, and to get a third place trophy, and feel only brotherhood for the first & second finishers.

And know that the greatest thing about being a moto-man, is participating with decency & honor in all things, because you are the hero who rides in to town on the iron horse of freedom

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

^ poet

@Bigturbomax There is plenty to be proud of knowing you have worked hard to realize your dreams and passions. Things might not always go as planned and sometimes they downright suck, but perseverance is what gets us to the goal...and in the end it is the journey that makes us who we are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Definitely not a small thing man, it's one of the most liberating things an adult can feel, lol. I am going to be paying off a car and a zero turn mower later this year, and I am positively pumped about it. I'm  taking the family to Disneyworld  around the same time, but I'm much more excited about being free of payments. Cheers!

• Like 2