The MT-07 Forum

Camera & Mount of Choice?

LivingADream13

LivingADream13

Hey fellas, here to pick everyones brains. What camera and mounting style do you guys prefer? Thank you for your inputs in advance.

• Premium Member

That depends on the camera type and the location you want to mount it.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I have tried several mounting positions with my gopro clone (clamp to mirror, clamp to handlebars, chest mount) and found the handlebar mount works best. There is a lot of vibration at around 4k rpm, but my camera has decent anti-shake so it's not too bad. I have not tried mounting to the gas tank ring yet, but may try it once my 3D printer comes in.

Jeff

• Like 1

I've seen people mount it to top of the front brake reservoir, but I'm not sure how that would look. I just have a chin mount so I could record essentially everything I see. 

• Like 1

LivingADream13
19 hours ago, DewMan said:

That depends on the camera type and the location you want to mount it.

Im looking for everyones preference 😃 

18 hours ago, JeffL said:

I have tried several mounting positions with my gopro clone (clamp to mirror, clamp to handlebars, chest mount) and found the handlebar mount works best. There is a lot of vibration at around 4k rpm, but my camera has decent anti-shake so it's not too bad. I have not tried mounting to the gas tank ring yet, but may try it once my 3D printer comes in.

Jeff

How was the chest mount? I was thinking of getting a printer for fun haha 

14 hours ago, 7fold said:

I've seen people mount it to top of the front brake reservoir, but I'm not sure how that would look. I just have a chin mount so I could record essentially everything I see. 

ahh a very specific shot. Does the chin mount seem far from the handle bars in videos?

9 hours ago, JeffL said:

The camera I use is an Akaso v50 Pro. Has good anti-shake internals.

Good to know, thank you. Have you tried any of the gopros?

I have a GoPro Hero 5 and use a chin mount on my Shoei.  Gives the closest to rider view perspective.  Last time i mounted to a bike the vibration reduced video quality.  Although that was an old GoPro version, they're much better at compensating now.

Similar to this one- https://www.amazon.com/AxPower-Motorcycle-Helmet-Mount-GoPro/dp/B01N6EVWPK/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=helmet+gopro+chin+mount&qid=1616683299&sr=8-10

• Like 1

Just to give you some perspective of what the chin mount footage looks like. Depending on what type of FOV you're using, the perspective might change a little (superview vs. wide vs. linear, etc.). The screenshot below is using the superview FOV

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

I have not tried any GoPro cameras. The chest mount worked ok but it slipped down during the ride. Nice perspective though.

• Like 1