The MT-07 Forum

Wash and Dry...

scat2me

Is anyone using blowers or dryers on their bikes?  I like the idea of drying the bike thoroughly after washing it. Videos on you tube show some blowers but they are very expensive. Any feedback is appreciated

Mine dries fast enough in my heated and air conditioned garage.  There's a lot of plastic on our 07s, so I probably wouldn't use anything that blows hot air unless it's not very hot.

• Premium Member

I don't even own a blow dryer for my hair, let alone my bike. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator
1 hour ago, DewMan said:

I don't even own a blow dryer for my hair, let alone my bike. 

Least you have hair

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, scat2me said:

Hair? Who has hair?

Me. 😁

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

i have one of these https://metrovac.com/products/air-force-blaster-sidekick-car-and-motorcycle-dryer?variant=18877238214729

great for blowing water out of the hard to reach spots. works especially well on the radiator as you would expect. it blows warm air as it draws heat off the motor. I bought it to use on the car as it was drying and streaking as i was rinsing it, i had a black range rover at the time. probably too small a unit for a big car but ideal for a bike.  not too expensive either i bought mine for about £80

i would recommend it, it certainly aids in washing the bike.

stu

• Like 2

I use a blow nozzle with my compressor.  I know it doesn't solve your problem of a blower only, but having a compressor is a must for any garage anyway.

Gets in al the fiddly bits and harnesses.

After countless reviews I bought this...

MetroVac 110-142164 Model SK-1-IND Air Force Blaster Sidekick Industrial, 1.3 HP Motor, 8 Amps, 960 Watts, 18000 ft./min. Airflow, Sturdy All Steel Construction, 12" Heavy Duty 3 Conductor Cord.

Its worth every penny. They have increased the chord length to 6ft. It dry's the bike very very well. No spots and is great for getting the water out of the chain after using a degreaser and rinsing.

I got a battery operated leaf blower I'm going to use.   I think there is a smaller version made too.  Mine is a Ryobi.  Blow off the bike then blow off the patio.

• Like 1