The MT-07 Forum

MT07 Shop manual

Max of Millbrook

Max of Millbrook

Thanks for the windshield suggestions. How about a shop manual? I have been doing my own (car, motorcycle) maintenance for ever. I have only had Honda mc's. This MT07 has a lot of plastic panels I am afraid I will break without knowing which bolts to remove. ie how to get at the spark plugs?  The owners manual says to see your Yamaha dealer! Even just to adjust the headlight.... Unreal... I've noticed that cars are becoming the same.

SEE YOUR AUTHOURIZED DEALER !

Duh I am no millionare

Oops ... I digress... Help please

I bought my factory manual from Revzilla for about $85.

YouTube videos can help with things like getting to the spark plugs.  Take them with a grain of salt though, and don't blindly do whatever they say to do.  I've seen some pretty stupid stuff being recommended.  Not necessarily about MT-07s, but in general.

Edited by Triple Jim

I got my factory service manual from here: 

MT07_18-19__63753.1587243031.220.220.JPG

2018-2020 Yamaha MT-07 Part# LIT-11616-31-60 service shop repair manual

Money well spent, IMHO.  And, if you really want to cover all of the bases pick up a Haynes manual, also.  The version for the first gen FZ/MT07 can be found on Amazon for a reasonable price.  Don't know if Haynes ever published a version for the second gen. Nothing like having a paper manual in your hands when having to seek out info.

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Wookiee one
On 4/3/2021 at 2:39 PM, 19MTMike said:

Money well spent, IMHO.  And, if you really want to cover all of the bases pick up a Haynes manual, also.  The version for the first gen FZ/MT07 can be found on Amazon for a reasonable price.  Don't know if Haynes ever published a version for the second gen. Nothing like having a paper manual in your hands when having to seek out info.

Mike

Any idea if this is available in ol' blighty , I wanta find the hidden jewel in this crown too , I only go dealer on last resort , tbh  only had bike a week n it's got a few new clothes on . Mostly bolt on but plans a foot

17 hours ago, Wookiee one said:

Any idea if this is available in ol' blighty , I wanta find the hidden jewel in this crown too , I only go dealer on last resort , tbh  only had bike a week n it's got a few new clothes on . Mostly bolt on but plans a foot

Wookiee - I *think* that you should be able to get a copy of the factory manual shipped to you in the UK.  I checked the link that I had provided in my post, and the company says that they ship worldwide.  So, you may want to contact them directly just to verify.  Also, I have to believe that the Haynes manual is also available in the UK as Haynes Publishing is based there.  Try Amazon for that.  Good luck!

Mike

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Wookiee one said:

Hi Mike found a PDF copy of genuine yam  mt07 2018 to 2020 service on JKE Motors, only cost 9.50 dollar but if anyone wants a copy I could put on forum if it doesn't break any rules , I don't want to upset the governor so early in the year , it about 312mb 540 pgs  if interested pm me 

Hi Mike found a PDF copy of genuine yam  mt07 2018 to 2020 service on JKE Motors, only cost 9.50 dollar but if anyone wants a copy I could put on forum if it doesn't break any rules , I don't want to upset the governor so early in the year , it about 312mb 540 pgs  if interested pm me 

NO don't do that. Forum owner can get in trouble if there is a post of copyrighted materials on the forum. 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Wookiee one
29 minutes ago, DewMan said:

NO don't do that. Forum owner can get in trouble if there is a post of copyrighted materials on the forum. 

I removed post , over here in UK Haynes manual only to 17 , new model 18+ like rocking horse po

• Thanks 1

Yakko Warner

Wintersdark made an excellent post on removing the 2018-2020 gas tank covers.

I believe there are also posts on removing the gas tank, and replacing the plugs.

• 1 year later...
nozeitgeist1800
On 4/3/2021 at 8:39 AM, 19MTMike said:

Mike

i know its an old thread, but just wanted to jump in and say i just bought a manual from these guys, a third the price and half the wait time. very happy, if they had the service manual for my daily driver id be buying it from them as well.