The MT-07 Forum

Healtech Quick shifter

Devilman

I just bought a Healtech QS yesterday and I was wondering how well does it down shift? I do it manually now and comfortable at doing it but I wonder will the QS do it smoother. I was thinking how I should mount it. Placed on the shift rod it is good for upshift only but on the shift arm it is good for both. What do you all think? I have plenty of time to think about it since it is coming from Budapest to US.

Edited by Devilman

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Devilman said:

I just bought a Healtech QS yesterday and I was wondering how well does it down shift? I do it manually now and comfortable at doing it but I wonder will the QS do it smoother. I was thinking how I should mount it. Placed on the shift rod it is good for upshift only but on the shift arm it is good for both. What do you all think? I have plenty of time to think about it since it is coming from Budapest to US.

I have my Healtech mounted on the shift arm. I only use my FZ at the track but I regularly downshift with it. I blip the throttle as I downshift (no clutch) no issues. I use the clutch if I'm going down 2 or more gears, like at the end of the front straight away and I need a smoother transition at the rear wheel. 

Ed

• Like 2

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good"