The MT-07 Forum

Wheel stickers

Mimo750

Hi, i have the fz-07 anniversary edition 2015 bike and i wanted to replace the original wheel stickers that are a simple white line across the rim with another in yellow but i noticed that i cannot remove them lol. They look like they are painted or etched or something to the rims. Tried with my nail to feel the bump of the sticker with no avail they are very smooth just like they are painted. Is it true or am i doing something wrong? Random photo for reference http://prntscr.com/12bdukv

Edited by Mimo750

I'm not familiar with that wheel, but my guess is that they are decals or paint under clearcoat.  If that's the case you could simply put new decal over it.

• Like 1

Right, and with an existing stripe it should be a little easier than usual to get it on in the right place so it doesn't wobble.

my guess is that the original stripes are under the clear coat damnit.. good idea, i could apply a black thick stripe over the original and then apply the ones i bought.

So you're saying the new ones aren't going to go on over the old white stripes?

yeah i don't think i will like the result since the new stripe is not a single line, it's like 4 parts for each side of the rim. this is the stripe i bought (speed stripes): 

vinilos-perfil-llantas-yamaha-mt07-speed

Vinyl stickers for outer rims, logos & stripes for motorcycles, many designs and colors, 10 years warranty. Stripes for Yamaha MT07

• Like 1

• Premium Member
cornerslider

Do you have the new rim stripes in your possession? I'm only asking because the ones I bought, had a black "base" that matched my black wheels. I just wanted to cover the scratches on the rim from frequent tire changes. Maybe these have the same black "base"????

• Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

11 hours ago, cornerslider said:

Do you have the new rim stripes in your possession? I'm only asking because the ones I bought, had a black "base" that matched my black wheels. I just wanted to cover the scratches on the rim from frequent tire changes. Maybe these have the same black "base"????

Yeah i had them prepared and cut for installation until i faced that problem. They are yellow based.