The MT-07 Forum

K Tech Razor-R or RR shock?

jerry85394

jerry85394

What's up everyone.   I am in the process of finally upgrading my suspension on my 2015 FZ-07, tired of getting pogo'd as I ride the rough NYC/tri state area back roads.   I have settled on K Tech.  My question is, for only $55 is the RR worth it over the R?  I understand the RR has a longer length and will raise the rear height which is why I was leaning towards the RR.   Will the damping be too stiff for the street on with the RR?  Thanks in advance.  

• Premium Member

I have the RR on my track bike. I only rode it on the street a few times, I felt  the damping  was stiff for a street bike. Not sure it’s a good  choice for NYC street, but there is a wide range of adjustment, so you can make it more comfortable.

Don’t know if that helps you or not with your decision.

Ed

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

mossrider

Get the Razor R Lite. It's a very nice upgrade to stock suspension for the street. It's adjustable for length, preload and rebound damping. Best it's $300 bones less than the Razor R. 

The Razor R and RR are both better shocks but you're getting farther and farther away from novice level plug and play everyday versatility. They're great if you're on track or racing (better yet here are the dds and dds pro line) 

Unless you can honestly say you're going to fettle with the adjustments, knobs and do-dads frequently you don't want/need the capability. I've seen throngs of folks lost to suspension settings along the road of life. In fact some folks earn a living from them.  

My $.02

😉

• Like 5

• Global Moderator
Pursuvant
1 hour ago, mossrider said:

I've seen throngs of folks lost to suspension settings along the road of life

Good advice, I have street comfort setting, street sport, and 2 up. Rear STX-46 (after fiddling quite a bit at first with damping) only needs preload changed for my street modes. And that's a good thing for me

• Like 1

• Premium Member
cornerslider
On 5/2/2021 at 5:49 PM, mossrider said:

Get the Razor R Lite. It's a very nice upgrade to stock suspension for the street. It's adjustable for length, preload and rebound damping. Best it's $300 bones less than the Razor R. 

The Razor R and RR are both better shocks but you're getting farther and farther away from novice level plug and play everyday versatility. They're great if you're on track or racing (better yet here are the dds and dds pro line) 

Unless you can honestly say you're going to fettle with the adjustments, knobs and do-dads frequently you don't want/need the capability. I've seen throngs of folks lost to suspension settings along the road of life. In fact some folks earn a living from them.  

My $.02

😉

@mossrider is right!!! I have the Razor "R" on my track 07, and the Razor "Lite" on my street R3. For street duty, the "Lite" is the best bang for the buck- period..... I only got the "R" for the track, because I personally like less compression dampening & more rebound dampening than most people do on track. The K-Tech "Lite" will get you 90% of the what you want. Remote reservoirs/clickers look cool, but unless you really know what you're doing, you don't need/want it. Take the $300 you saved, and do something else that's "nice" for your 07 😎-

• Like 3

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Not sure if this would be off topic, but would a rear shock from the 18's and newer be a worthwhile upgrade (not sure what they're going for, though) or would something like the Razor Lite be a better option than trying to find an OEM used shock? 

• Like 1