The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha swept the Atlanta TT races

klx678

JD Beach won the AFT Pro Twins Atlanta Super TT on his Estenson Yamaha, displaying his skills from road racing and supermoto.  

Dallas Daniels pulled off the win in the Pro Twins also relying on his skills from road racing and supermoto as well.   He is also an Estenson team rider.

In the 450 Singles again Dallas Daniels pulled off the win with his 450 Yamaha followed by his team mate Mikey Rush.  Again on Estenson Yamahas.

A good weekend all in all.  Check here at Cycle News for more on the races.  Click here.   NBC Sports channel will be broadcasting the races Sunday May 2 at 10:30 pm tonight.

The fact that the Yamaha 700 is raced is part of why I have an XSR700.  I really enjoy flat track and the Yamahas are street bike based engines.  It will be an up hill battle to duplicate those results in the AFT half miles and miles.  The purpose built FTR750s have an advantage with the heavier flywheels, that cannot be duplicated with the street bike engines at this point.   I'm hoping the Yamahas can compete for the wins this summer.

Edited by klx678
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, nacapster said:

Cool, especially considering the competition had a 50 cc advantage...

the AFT Yamahas are bored out to 750cc

Funny part with the Kawasakis, I think it was the Werner Kawasaki where they found the 700cc version worked better than the 750cc version.   Not all are punched out full 750.  Depends on how they work.