The MT-07 Forum

TRAXXION AR-25 kit install

Sunnycalibear

Sunnycalibear

I've come to the decision that I want to upgrade my front forks with the traxxi0n kit instead of just changing oil wt. I am now trying to see if I can do this job by myself or I should take it to shop. 

I do all my own work for my cars but this is my first bike. I already installed my akra carbon exhaust and hordpower intake on the bike but I have never taken forks apart. I figured while I was in there I would change the dust and fork seals. 

The shop wants 350$ but I figured I can get all the tools for around 100$. I guess my question is how hard is this job? The part I am mainly concerned about is changing the seals. Any input is appreciated, thanks.  

• Premium Member

If you can follow directions, It's probably something you can do yourself with the right tools. 

Watch all the Youtube videos on the subject  before you start to understand the steps. 

Important: You'll find many threads about the bottom teflon coated bushings wearing out prematurely. Order replacements before you get started, you might as well replace them while you have it all apart.

Good luck! 👍

• Like 3

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator

Have you replaced the rear shock yet?  I was amazed how much better that made the forks feel and it is extremely easy to do yourself. 

• Like 1

You can't get much more simple or basic than MT07 forks, you should be fine on that.  Otherwise just follow the Traxxion instructions for part specific modifications and install.

• Premium Member
cornerslider

I installed the AR-25 kit last winter. I replaced the lower bushings, and fork seals at the same time. It was pretty easy to do. I made my own for seal driver out of PCV from my local hardware store. I found a link for how to do it either on this site, or Norton racings' site.... You got this!

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• 2 weeks later...
Evanlamarr88
On 6/1/2021 at 4:00 PM, Sunnycalibear said:

I've come to the decision that I want to upgrade my front forks with the traxxi0n kit instead of just changing oil wt. I am now trying to see if I can do this job by myself or I should take it to shop. 

I do all my own work for my cars but this is my first bike. I already installed my akra carbon exhaust and hordpower intake on the bike but I have never taken forks apart. I figured while I was in there I would change the dust and fork seals. 

The shop wants 350$ but I figured I can get all the tools for around 100$. I guess my question is how hard is this job? The part I am mainly concerned about is changing the seals. Any input is appreciated, thanks.  

I have an akra carbon, and just purchased a hordpower airbox and a 2wdw flash. Any idea what I might be able to expect from the combo?

M. Hausknecht

Louder (duh!), better throttle response and perhaps noticeably more power, especially above the torque peak. 

Sunnycalibear

thx yall for advice will be tackling this in the future, both my cars are hogging all the funds 🙄

5 hours ago, Evanlamarr88 said:

I have an akra carbon, and just purchased a hordpower airbox and a 2wdw flash. Any idea what I might be able to expect from the combo?

my exhaust definitely got deeper after installing the intake. low end power got alot more torquey but mid-high range feels kinda flat. I also havent flashed my ecu yet. Im sure with a flash this thing will haul ass through all the rpms. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator
On 6/14/2021 at 8:00 PM, Sunnycalibear said:

but mid-high range feels kinda flat

It's just that great broad torque curve pulling everywhere, makes it seem like there's not hit there. But that front wheel lofting gets your mind right