The MT-07 Forum

2017 Fz07 not starting...im stumped

lippmann33

I turn the key and all the lights come on no problem...as soon as I try starting it all I hear is an obnoxious buzzing. I replaced the battery, starter solenoid and all of the cables look okay from what I can see. I am new to owning a motorcycle and not too savvy on working on them so all help is appreciated. What would be my next steps? Check all the voltage readings and fuses?

• Global Moderator

I would suspect the battery, but perhaps some of the more expert members here have some other ideas. 

TimmyTheHog

battery or fuse.

More likely battery than not.

Do a load test on the battery and see what it is doing.

2 hours ago, myfootisdumb said:

try popping the clutch on a hill with a rollinf start, would be ur battery if it starts

This won't always work on fuel injected bikes - you need fuel rail pressure from the fuel pump for the engine to fire up.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

I see you mention that you replaced the battery and still not starting. You could have a parasitic draw of power on your battery after the bike is turned off. Also, the new battery may not have been fully charged after you purchased it. If you don’t ride your bike regularly, a Battery Tender automatic trickle charger is a good item to keep your battery healthy when the bike sits in your garage. These automatic  chargers will charge the battery and stop when it is fully charged. It will only start charging again when it senses the battery  charge level drop. I keep one on my bike, since I mostly ride on weekends.  I assume your battery is a lead acid type battery and not a lithium type battery.