The MT-07 Forum

MT07 ABS Changing Brake line

Shyan

Does anyone change the brake line from its original setup into race setup? What I mean is Original setup is from ABS pump to left then right. My planing is using double banjo bolt directly from ABS pump to left right(Something like "Race" setup).. I do not have clue whether after this setup the ABS still working or harm the ABS pump....  

• Global Moderator

I considered and discarded alternative setups including single line IN at ABS with dual dedicated OUT lines feeding calipers

Scrapped stock brake lines and went full brembo radial master & steel braided line here

13 hours ago, Pursuvant said:

I considered and discarded alternative setups including single line IN at ABS with dual dedicated OUT lines feeding calipers

Scrapped stock brake lines and went full brembo radial master & steel braided line here

Any reason you not consider the dual dedicated out lines from ABS?

• Global Moderator
10 hours ago, Shyan said:

Any reason you not consider the dual dedicated out lines from ABS?

If you can show a mathematical advantage to pressurizing those two setups, then go for it. 

I'm the case where you are adding all the new fluid dynamic advantage of a new master cylinder and it's inheritant capability, the choice of line configurations becomes a meh

On 6/27/2021 at 6:21 PM, Shyan said:

Does anyone change the brake line from its original setup into race setup? What I mean is Original setup is from ABS pump to left then right. My planing is using double banjo bolt directly from ABS pump to left right(Something like "Race" setup).. I do not have clue whether after this setup the ABS still working or harm the ABS pump....  

the “Race” set up it’s so because it isolate the left and right site to help with Maintenance , quick connectors and ease of troubleshooting.

Other than that , the only problem that comes to mind ( but only as a theory) is the possibility of heating the fluid ( maybe humid or old ) on the right and have the left side caliper less responsive ..

but on the other hand the metal tube that connect left and right side may cool the fluid a little and help with that … 

Without proper research It’s hard to quantify 

43 minutes ago, Mad said:

the “Race” set up it’s so because it isolate the left and right site to help with Maintenance , quick connectors and ease of troubleshooting.

Other than that , the only problem that comes to mind ( but only as a theory) is the possibility of heating the fluid ( maybe humid or old ) on the right and have the left side caliper less responsive ..

but on the other hand the metal tube that connect left and right side may cool the fluid a little and help with that … 

Without proper research It’s hard to quantify 

Yes.. I just worried using this dedicated hose setup will toast my abs module or lower the brake performance :/

I see no reason why it could.

The oem route it’s composed of a common line and a place where this common line splits in two ,  that in this case has a short route(right) and a long one (left)

the “race one “ it is also made of a common part , and a splits. The common part it’s the banjo bolt and it’s the split continues in two equal parts .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mad said:

I see no reason why it could.

The oem route it’s composed of a common line and a place where this common line splits in two ,  that in this case has a short route(right) and a long one (left)

the “race one “ it is also made of a common part , and a splits. The common part it’s the banjo bolt and it’s the split continues in two equal parts .

Hmm... will discuss with my mate and setup my bike into dedicate line from ABS module.. :) Thanks!

• Like 1