The MT-07 Forum

EBC HH pads suck

shinyribs

Plenty of material left on my original pads at around 20k miles, but it felt like they weren't biting like they used to. That's not uncommon. Thanks to the Wutang Flu I wasnt able to get OEM replacement pads, so I took the EBC HH pads they had in stock.

First trip out, they felt very good. I understood what all the fuss was about. Though that did make me worry if they were gonna devour my rotors. A few weeks later and these pads suck. 

They NEED heat to work. If I go in to goon mode and hammer on the brakes for a while they start feeling ok. But for general riding I can't keep em hot enough and now my brakes just feel muddy all the time. And my "general riding" scares half of the people I ride with. 

I've had a CB once and HH pads were all I could get for it. I never could get the brakes on that bike to feel good. Now my FZ feels the same way. 

These things suck for everyday use. Less stopping power and completely random feedback depending on temps. I'm about 3-4k miles in on them and they keep getting suckier. Bleh. Don't believe the hype!

• Like 2

That's interesting as I'm very happy with mine. I've had the front pads for 5000-ish miles and the rear pads for 500-1000 miles with no problems. I should qualify it by saying that I also have the Spiegler brake lines in the front. Spieglers for the rear are on the to-do list. My current setup is way better than stock.

Triple Jim

I have EBC HH pads on a couple bikes and they work very well, both cold and hot.  My MT still has stock pads though, so I can't comment on it.  I know it's unlikely, but you didn't get any brake fluid on them, did you?

No, no brake fluid or any other contamination. I loved em at first. Very big reduction in finger pressure required to stop. But I slowly felt myself needing two fingers again, and now I'm pulling with three fingers when I need to stop fast. 

Only weird variable I can think of is exposure to lots of gravel roads. That super fine dust gets everywhere. Maybe it's permeated the pad material and is "gumming" them up? 

That said, when I'm playing and running DOWN the mountain, I've got great brakes by the time I reach the bottom. Going back UP, they start feeling muddy again. Really seems temperature sensitive, but who knows. 

Edited by shinyribs

Civiltechyyc

Strange, I love mine but also did SS brake lines at the same time. I find they have way more bite and feel to them. The old pads felt scary compared to the ECB HHs. 

• Like 1

The feeling it’s a huge part of the story, without it even the best brakes are worthless…

Even The “ mythical “ brembo z04 are both hated and loved.

Some love them even on the street ( after diving that far into the wallet I would force myself to love them too 😂

and some hate them even on the track .

• Like 1