The MT-07 Forum

14-20 headlight retrofit parts for sale

208MT07

Seeing if anyone on here would be interested in the stuff to do an HID projector retrofit on an 07 with the halogen headlight. I have everything required, Morimoto D2S 5.0 projector with Yamaha logo etched on lens, Morimoto XB bulb, Morimoto XB ballast, Morimoto bulb ignitor, Profile Prism demon eye, Profile Prism halos, Apollo 3.0 Black projector shroud, Morimoto XBT bluetooth controller for halos/demon eye, RetroRubber sealant for headlight, wiring harness. Close to $600 worth of stuff that has never been installed, I just don't think I'll ever do the retrofit, I've had this stuff for a couple years and have never found the time, so figure I should clear out some space and give someone a good deal lol. Would be willing to let it all go for $425 shipped to the continental US. Willing to ship to Canada, but would have to see how much of a shipping increase that would be. I did loosely install the demon eye and wire it up to a power source, as well as tested a halo, but nothing has been physically or permanently installed on a vehicle. Can be reached through PM. 

214391961_4752937671402006_3392895055234562001_n.jpg

213920204_4752038174825289_4641166889330664346_n.jpg

Edited by 208MT07

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. Willing to listen to offers. Would really like this to go to someone that could use it, plus the money would help finally pay my car off. 

• 3 weeks later...

Bump. 350 shipped to continental US.

Until I buy a dedicated drag bike I'll never install all this stuff, the less clutter on my bike the better. Could use the money for other things and would hate for this stuff to sit any longer gathering dust. Screenshot from a video on FB of this projector in an FZ/MT. Huge improvement over the stock bulb. 

Screenshot_20210804-131248_Facebook.jpg

Edited by 208MT07

I need to do some homework because I'm interested, but not entirely sure what I'm looking at.  That's no fault of your ad, this is just new ground for me. 

• Like 2

On 8/4/2021 at 1:54 PM, shinyribs said:

I need to do some homework because I'm interested, but not entirely sure what I'm looking at.  That's no fault of your ad, this is just new ground for me. 

I've never done a retrofit but did a good bit of research into the process and parts, if you have any questions I may be able to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, still available.  At this price you're saving almost 50% over buying everything yourself from TRS. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump. Still have this stuff, would like to see it go to someone who could use it. Headlight retrofit would be a good winter project to tackle for those who have no bike-friendly winters. 

• 10 months later...

Bump. Still trying to find this stuff a new home. Moving soon so one less box is a good thing lol. Once again, all boxed up, could be shipped within a day of getting funds. Asking 350 OBO shipped to the lower 48 or 300 if local enough to Boise, Idaho to pick up. Make offers! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Bump. $250 shipped to the lower 48. Someone's gotta want to retrofit their headlight for a screaming deal!

• 11 months later...
sweetscience

I retrofitted the headlights on my civic and honda grom with morimoto parts.  Morimoto makes top notch parts, reliable and long standing. Retrofitting is a tedious project, one making sure a good airtight seal when reassembling the clear headlight lens cover to the housing. But the outcome is very well worth the effort.  You get a very wide uniform light spread, no hot spots or shadows.  And you get the HID bulb choice for your brightness needs.  I'd probably go with a white light output though for best pilot visibility. 

For the MT, though, I went with the Cyclops LED headlight only because I wasn't 100% sure HID retrofit parts would fit in and around the headlight housing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.