The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha Tracer 700 after 80 000km / 50 000mi.

checomoto

Hey guys, I have had this bike in fleet for 4 years and we did 80 000km (50 000mi) I made a video about it, it might be helpful or interesting for someone! Cheers and safe riding!

• Like 5

On 7/21/2021 at 6:33 AM, checomoto said:

Hey guys, I have had this bike in fleet for 4 years and we did 80 000km (50 000mi) I made a video about it, it might be helpful or interesting for someone! Cheers and safe riding!

I wish Yamaha would bring this to the US. If they add Cruise Control, I would say take my money. LOL.

19 minutes ago, Devilman said:

I wish Yamaha would bring this to the US. If they add Cruise Control, I would say take my money. LOL.

My thought exactly, why can't we have the 700? The 900 is nice, but after riding my fz for a few weeks, I don't need more than that.

Yeah, really, the engine has already been certified by DOT in four other models, why not five?   

They could introduce it like they did with the 2001 FJR1300, by orders with a non-refundable $500 deposit from dealers.   That way they can bring in what they can sell.  Worked for the FJR and proved the market existed.

Edited by klx678
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, klx678 said:

Yeah, really, the engine has already been certified by DOT in four other models, why not five?   

They could introduce it like they did with the 2001 FJR1300, by orders with a non-refundable $500 deposit from dealers.   That way they can bring in what they can sell.  Worked for the FJR and proved the market existed.

That would be a good idea, at least they could get a feel for it, but I assume people would stop buying the Tracer 9 then 😂

We have both 900 and 700 here.  I know some people have moved to the 700 after running a 900.

Just do it! 

@Mide24 But with that logic why did they bring in the FZ/MT-07 or the Tenere 700?  I think most who buy the 900 would likely still buy it for the additional power.   My brother owns an FJ-09 and he was telling me to buy the 900, but I just didn't need or want the extra power and complication.  No regrets with the 700.

Edited by klx678

@klx678 I assume because of price, probably strickter emissions in Europe and the fact that the Tracer 900 power can’t be reduced for new riders in Germany, (weight to power ratio), I think that’s why they brought the 700 which can be and therefore makes it a great beginner bike, something the US doesn’t need. I’d still wish they would bring it over here, I like the Tenere 700 but I think the Tracer would be the perfect bike for me 😍

Problem with getting the Tracer 700 in The States now is Yamaha's wrecked the styling with the newer models. The early styling, like the bike in the video, is gorgeous. I wouldn't trade my FZ for the current model.