The MT-07 Forum

Horn and tail light not working after theft

mannymt

Hi all,

Had my 2014 mt07 recovered after 6 months of being stolen, ignition wires had been rerouted to an on/off switch.

Replaced various parts and have managed to get everything working now apart from the horn and tail/break light, anyone have any ideas on where to start on this?

Many thanks for the help!

Check  the 10A "SIGNAL"  fuse, make sure it is alright or simply replace it by a spare fuse. Horn, tail light and Aux.Light are powered by this fuse. Thats why it makes sense to start here.
There has to be battery voltage at the lower terminal of the fuse holder like in the picture (while the ignition aka main switch is turned on)

PXL_20210703_164847910_noexif.thumb.jpg.b739ff5fe75307eaa6ffe7427e4d9d23.jpg

Edited by ElGonzales
  • Like 2

Thanks for the reply!

Just checked it out and you were right, the fuse was blown and I'm getting a reading from the fuse holder, will get a new fuse tomorrow. Hoping there wasn't a reason for the fuse to blow.

postum_theres_a_reason.png

But hopefully the problem has already been corrected.

Edited by Triple Jim

Fuse blows because you have a short to earth or water ingress. Maybe something is wired up back to front. Try and get a wiring diagram and trace the wires. I have one but its for a 2018 model not sure if its the same.