The MT-07 Forum

Does NO ONE make nice gear shifters?!

joshylife

greeting folks! Any nice/reputable/correctly working gear shifters out there? The only ones i can find are the cheap amazon ones and NONE of them have the curve needed to not hit the kickstand bolt.  Most of the reviews say it doesn't work because the lever is straight instead of lightly curved like it should be.  there is ONE German company SW-moto tech that makes a super nice one for 140$  id spend that but you cant get in the US!!!! when i change the country to USA the product disappears.    Is there seriously NO reputable foot shifter for the MT07????? what?   That is insannnne to me.       any of you gurus know something I don't?   id be forever grateful. thanks!

If you’re asking about aftermarket rear sets there are plenty available: Woodcraft, Vortex, Lightech, Gilles, Valtermoto….

I have the vortex, they’re great.

2793D5FA-54F2-4BCA-A323-5A22FC9D16F4.png

Edited by stickshift

no, i meant just the shift lever.  but i suppose i may have to spend 450+ and swap it all 😕 

Edited by joshylife

Yes, yes you should spend it. All of it. And on a lot more than just shift levers. We would be happy to be your conscience and guide through the aftermarket. What's our budget? 

Seriously tho, the shifter is pretty much a proprietary pos. I've never seen good stock conversion parts. Now the after market, licks lips, that's a different animal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joshylife said:

no, i meant just the shift lever.  but i suppose i may have to spend 450+ and swap it all 😕 

Ok. 

Yeah, the German SW-Motech gear lever is probably the only reputable one out there. It's not cheap, but the quality looks good.

Someone on this forum bought a cheaper Chinese-supplied part and it didn't fit properly.

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2021 at 1:44 AM, joshylife said:

greeting folks! Any nice/reputable/correctly working gear shifters out there? The only ones i can find are the cheap amazon ones and NONE of them have the curve needed to not hit the kickstand bolt.  Most of the reviews say it doesn't work because the lever is straight instead of lightly curved like it should be.  there is ONE German company SW-moto tech that makes a super nice one for 140$  id spend that but you cant get in the US!!!! when i change the country to USA the product disappears.    Is there seriously NO reputable foot shifter for the MT07????? what?   That is insannnne to me.       any of you gurus know something I don't?   id be forever grateful. thanks!

Check out Twisted Throttle's website the cary alot of SW Motech gear.

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

What's wrong with the gear shifter?

It’s not “Nice” 😜

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

3 hours ago, Evill_Ed said:

It’s not “Nice” 😜

Spending time online, especially bike forums, is always entertaining. 

Someone buys a bike. Then the "mods" start because: 

The brakes are shet. The brake hoses are shet. The brake pads are shet. The forks are shet. The shock is shet. The headlight is shet. The signals are shet. The exhaust is shet. The ECU is shet. The mirrors are shet. The seat is shet. The bars are shet. The chassis is shet. The levers are shet. 

Now the pedals are shet! 

" I love this bike!"

No, I don't think you do 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1