The MT-07 Forum

In between rear spring rate weights, go heavier or lighter?

goshe22

Hey folks, looking at picking up a rear KTech R-Lite spring but in between weight limits. It's a 2019, mostly used for commuting/canyon carving. Suggestions for going for the heavier vs lighter?

Have you weighed yourself with all your gear on?  

If you're really right on the line, going with the lighter springs will probably make for happier commuting without sacrificing anything significant in the canyons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Triple Jim said:

Have you weighed yourself with all your gear on?  

If you're really right on the line, going with the lighter springs will probably make for happier commuting without sacrificing anything significant in the canyons.

Thanks! Yeah, I come in at 200lbs pretty much on the dot with gear. The weight ranges are 160-190 for standard and 200-250 for heavy

So you're out of the "standard" and at the bottom of "heavy".  Good thing you don't weigh 195, since no springs are available for that weight!   :)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Triple Jim said:

So you're out of the "standard" and at the bottom of "heavy".  Good thing you don't weigh 195, since no springs are available for that weight!   :)

Can confirm, would have to go spring-less.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, goshe22 said:

Thanks! Yeah, I come in at 200lbs pretty much on the dot with gear. The weight ranges are 160-190 for standard and 200-250 for heavy

I'd go with the lighter spring unless you travel loaded often. Go light and you can add preload if the sag is off. Too heavy and there's no options left.

Edited by shinyribs
  • Like 1