The MT-07 Forum

Relocating the speedometer

Spineache

Hi everyone,

I am new to forums so bear with me. I am now on my second MT07, I found the first one that good, except for one thing. The position of the speedometer means dropping your head quite far to read it. I did a google search on “MT07 dash relocation”,plenty of products on there, but none fit my 2021 year model.

Does anyone know of any products that reposition the speedo to make my bike even better?

• 2 years later...
Crockett

Hey, 

I also have a 2021 mt07 and I found a place called ShapeWays that make a relocation kit for a 2020, but won't fit 2021. So I copied both the bolt pattern off my 21 and the bolt pattern from the ShapeWays bracket( its a 3D heavy-duty plastic made as soon as payment is made), and put them on the same piece of 1/8 metal( use stainless or aluminum) and all I have to do now is shape the piece and get it fitted. I made sure the holes were bigger than needed in case of adjustment.  Also all holes are countersunk.  You can also check out Aliexpress, they sell a kit to relocate also, about $30 USA.  I'm from the USA myself. Hope this helps if you already figured a way, please let me know how and what you did. God Bless  and

..Ride Safe my friend.   Pat

• Like 1

One thing you can do to get material, aluminum, is if there is a fabrication shop near you, they may have a piece of scrap you can get possibly for nothing, but definitely for only a few dollars.  I used to go to one shop and could get several scraps of various thicknesses of aluminum for like $5.  Big enough to make a small flat track/bobber size solo seat pan.

Get some scrap and make your own.  If you should need some spacers you can source them at a good hardware store.

• Like 1

Migyver

Anyone know if the Puig windscreen would fit post speedo relocate?  I'm interested, but also do not want to lose the little bit of wind protection I currently have.  I have a 2018, not that it should make much of a difference.

It's more fun naked!!