The MT-07 Forum

Throttle body Synchronization

Grant31781

I have over 5000 miles on my bike and never did the throttle body sync.  I had noticed that the bike was a bit jerky when rolling on and off throttle and has a bit of a hesitation or stumble. As I would let off the throttle and slightly roll back on it, the engine would stumble a tad and then catch up making for a  jerky ride in slow traffic.  At first I thought it might just be the way it is with the stock ECU cutting the fuel off when letting off the throttle and back on to keep the engine running. 

While I was changing the battery, I figured I would I would check the throttle bodies to see if they were in balance. It gave me something to do on a rainy day! They were not in balance.   After synchronizing them,  I didn't think it would do much. Boy was I wrong. This bike runs so smooth now. The throttle is no longer jerky at all and the hesitation is gone.  I think there is slightly less  overall vibration as well.

Here is a video I made going over some of the details of the process. 

• Like 5

Nice job, man. I don't know why people put this off. Not talking about you, but it seems it's only something people consider after they start chasing problems with a bike. You're right, it's so smooth when they're synched up! 

I checked mine at the "600 mile service", and they were fine.  I'm not sure how they'd get out of synch, but I'll check them again at the next scheduled service.  I did the mod that D.A. posted about to extend the vacuum ports, so it's pretty easy to do now.

Edited by Triple Jim