The MT-07 Forum

Reasonable Price 2017 FZ07

scat2me

What would be a reasonable and fair price to ask for an Immaculte 2017 FZ 07 Non ABS with a ton of upgrades?  I know what teh Kelly Blue book shows. I'm just trying to get a realistic idea. I live in Miami. The Bike has 3300 miles. Has never been dropped and still has another 7 months of extended warranty.  I also have all of teh original parts. Seta, handle bars etc.

Bike 5.jpg

Bike 7.jpg

Bike 6.jpg

Bike 2.jpg

Bike 1.jpg

• Like 2

With my daughter in mind I've been looking at getting another MT, but the sellers of used ones in nice condition around here are asking almost as much as a new one.

That's actually why I bought a new one when I got mine... used ones were at most $1,200 cheaper, and now that the pandemic has been going on for a year and a half it seems to be worse. 

You have some nice equipment on that FZ, but usually that doesn't help the selling price much.  I'd probably put all the stock parts back on and sell the extras separately.  I'd think $6,000 would be a good asking price for the stock bike, but maybe I'm out of touch.

Edited by Triple Jim
  • Like 1

In my area good condition stock bikes bring about $6k for your '17. Aftermarket parts rarely add value unless the person shopping wants the exact things you choose to put on your bike. 

The only aftermarket thing I see add value is premium suspension, and only if it's comfortable suspension. Not stiff race setups. 

I recently bought a bike and the number one things I wanted was stock exhaust, levers and signals. Strictly because guys who keep stock signals most likely haven't butchered the wiring on the bike. Guys who run stock levers haven't been on the mod wagon, and haven't hamfisted bolts. Everyone has their own reasons for making certain judgement calls. 

Heavily modified bikes usually mean two things to me:

1: Newish rider throwing all sorts of goodies at his bike. It likely has hidden issues I don't want to deal with. 

2: Mature rider that tried to gel with the bike, but couldn't. It's probably a well loved machine, but the owner is annoyed with it and I can lowball him. 

Looking at what you've changed, I would put your bike in the well loved category. You were shooting for touring comfort, not hotrodding and rev bombing through town. 

Nothing is more valuable than a good, clean, stock bike. 

If it's any gauge, I just picked up a 3300 mile, showroom condition '16 FZ 09. Flashed, Comfort Seat, otherwise stock. I paid $6k. It seems 07's hold their value better than 09's. 

Edited by shinyribs

Thanks. As I said I do have all of the original equipment and haven't "cut or butchered anything". I know the add on's wont increase the value. $6000.00 is reasonable to me. 

Unforeseen reasons why modding bikes sometimes has ill effects that you won't realize until it's too late.

Tail tidy= sandblasted tail light :( Never again.

IMG_20211003_114707129_HDR.thumb.jpg.1109e537ff92a702f4a141a5657201e1.jpg

21 hours ago, scat2me said:

... fair price to ask for an Immaculate 2017 FZ 07 Non ABS with a ton of upgrades? 

I wouldn't sell it unless desperate for cash.

I wish I had never sold my 67 Firebird, 66 GTO, 80 Yamaha 850 Triple with shaft drive. I had other bikes stolen, but that was out of my control. We have to focus on things within our control, and I would hold on to that particular bike.

I would keep it, ride it often enough to prevent fuel from going stale, and whatever you are getting to "replace it" will eventually need valves adjusted, even a tire change gives the opportunity to pull #2 out of the stable.

• Like 2

Prices around me are super scattered, i was able to buy a 2019 with a few upgrades nothing too crazy with 3,000 miles for 6k. 

Had some nice goodies, akra exhaust, crg mirrors, new rage cycle tail tidy and front turn signals.  Some expensive components included.  I was able to get some 2021’s here for about 6800 but the titles took some time to come in and just was a hassle.