The MT-07 Forum

Newbie with an MT07 in UK.

Weeksy

Well done. That colour combination is great. I had one like that as a courtesy bike and it looked lovely on my drive, but I resisted the temptation to update. Welcome to this throng. 

Just do it! 

Just now, glacierblue said:

welcome! what made you switch from the xsr900?

The xsr900 is arguably a little excessive for what I want. 

In the last 20 years I've done 100 trackdays, raced, toured and I landed on the xsr900 after issues with my KTM 690 Duke. I then randomly decided I wanted a better bumpy back lane bike and bought a KTM 690, what do you know, more problems. So it went back to the dealer and I was left without a bike.

So I tested the mt07 and xsr700. One I loved, one I absolutely hated. So an mt07 was quickly ordered and I'm now awaiting it's arrival.

I enjoyed the engine, handling, fun factor.

It's getting a quickshifter fitted and will then be enjoyed on roads and track in the UK 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Weeksy said:

The xsr900 is arguably a little excessive for what I want. 

In the last 20 years I've done 100 trackdays, raced, toured and I landed on the xsr900 after issues with my KTM 690 Duke. I then randomly decided I wanted a better bumpy back lane bike and bought a KTM 690, what do you know, more problems. So it went back to the dealer and I was left without a bike.

So I tested the mt07 and xsr700. One I loved, one I absolutely hated. So an mt07 was quickly ordered and I'm now awaiting it's arrival.

I enjoyed the engine, handling, fun factor.

It's getting a quickshifter fitted and will then be enjoyed on roads and track in the UK 

oh ok :) 

why did you hate the xsr700? I thought it was basically a retro mt07?

sounds fun!

Just now, glacierblue said:

oh ok :) 

why did you hate the xsr700? I thought it was basically a retro mt07?

sounds fun!

Compared to the xsr900 I felt the riding position was all wrong. Sat too far back, bars too low, front wheel a mile from you. It felt bizarre. I can't believe 2 bikes that should be similar we're so different

1 minute ago, Weeksy said:

Compared to the xsr900 I felt the riding position was all wrong. Sat too far back, bars too low, front wheel a mile from you. It felt bizarre. I can't believe 2 bikes that should be similar we're so different

that's interesting...I would think they would be pretty similar too. have fun with the mt07! :D 

Welcome! I am too a newer mt-07 owner. It’s been a joy, but it will hurt your wallet with all the upgrades you’ll want 😂

2 minutes ago, PMT-07 said:

Welcome! I am too a newer mt-07 owner. It’s been a joy, but it will hurt your wallet with all the upgrades you’ll want 😂

I've done the upgrade things on many bikes... As far as upgrades go i've got a short list.

tail tidy (already here)

radiator guard (already here)

Shock (picked up crazy cheap Wilberse)

Quickshifter.

2 minutes ago, Weeksy said:

I've done the upgrade things on many bikes... As far as upgrades go i've got a short list.

tail tidy (already here)

radiator guard (already here)

Shock (picked up crazy cheap Wilberse)

Quickshifter.

I see a lot of topics on quick shifters. I may have to look into this. 

1 hour ago, PMT-07 said:

I see a lot of topics on quick shifters. I may have to look into this. 

They're fun rather than essential, but I'll admit it's quite an addictive fun at that