The MT-07 Forum

CCM motorcycles?

duenan

Was watching Black Widow, the sisters jump on a retro looking bike, and I thought, what the f@#k is CCM?

Did a search.  The bikes are from the UK, although they have been around since the 70s, it seems like they haven't produced motorcycles for consumers until the last 2-3 years.

They have 3 or so models, they all share the basic design traits:

CCM-Stealth-Sondermodelle-LWG-13.thumb.jpg.554b96684643af4fa1fe866a65895ef4.jpg

Small, light, 600 cc single cylinder, fairly high seat height 33.6", premium priced bikes (about $12,700 US for the cheaper models).  Not sure the image I provided is currently a production model, but they all generally have that same flat-tracker minimal look.

Here is, I believe, a current production scrambler called Maverick.

CCM-Maverick-0-Hero.thumb.jpg.03d2b4d24c9936dc2b494c1fd4f5d2b1.jpg

There doesn't seem to be a US dealer, yet there are some customers from the states so I am assuming you can get it shipped directly from the company to the US.  Anyway, thoughts?

Edited by duenan
  • Like 4

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Looks pretty cool. I like the frames. Motor looks like it might be a KTM. That's the only downside I see lol

CCM was a sort of specialty build company started by Alan Clews, who also put out the Clews motorcycles as well.   They built modified BSA four stroke singles for a time.  

Clews Stroka

ccm%204stroke11.jpg

And the CCM like John Banks and Vic Eastwood raced in the mid 70s

image.png.b4dd05ad225e5a33d8be2c2cef67fc68.png

Someone has bought the name and building them again.  

• Like 3

Actually saw John Banks running in third at the 1975 Trans Am race at Delta Ohio.   He broke a chain adjuster and DNFed that moto.   It was pretty cool.   Definitely showed how different the way things are in Europe vs the U.S. in one way...  DeCoster stripped to his briefs between motos.  Couldn't fault him though, it was hot and sunny   

After the races some of the racers were pit racing on bikes like the CT70.  Brad Lackey was riding a Kawasaki mini with "Husqvarna" engraved into the engine case and cases painted black, to match his current ride. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, klx678 said:

Actually saw John Banks running in third at the 1975 Trans Am race at Delta Ohio.   He broke a chain adjuster and DNFed that moto.   It was pretty cool.   Definitely showed how different the way things are in Europe vs the U.S. in one way...  DeCoster stripped to his briefs between motos.  Couldn't fault him though, it was hot and sunny 

Crap, I'm not sure if I saw Banks at the 1976 Canadian 500 GP I went to. He likely was there because he rode a CCM from 1975 to 1977. I just don't remember him. Of course he would be low on my list when you have DeCoster and all the other greats there - One hell of a great weekend!!!

https://locmx.com/history/1976-canadian-500cc-motocross-gp/

If you're digging the boutique motorcycle company idea, and looking for US dealers, check out Cleveland Cyclewerks and Janus Motorcycles. Both American companies with some really cool models. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FZ not MT said:

Crap, I'm not sure if I saw Banks at the 1976 Canadian 500 GP I went to. He likely was there because he rode a CCM from 1975 to 1977. I just don't remember him. Of course he would be low on my list when you have DeCoster and all the other greats there - One hell of a great weekend!!!

https://locmx.com/history/1976-canadian-500cc-motocross-gp/

Back then it was hard to miss Banks.  Usually riding the only four stroke, audibly he stuck out like a sore thumb.   Was kind of awesome.

6 hours ago, klx678 said:

Back then it was hard to miss Banks.  Usually riding the only four stroke, audibly he stuck out like a sore thumb.

Yeah, but back then I was usually pretty stoned as I was at that race. Having said that, I'll never forget DeCoster passing three guys on a long uphill while being in a balance-point wheelie as he weaved between them 😆

• Like 1