The MT-07 Forum

Hello from Illinois!

joegeis

Greetings! I picked up an '18 MT07 a couple of months ago as my first bike, and I'm absolutely loving it.  I have tons of questions and have been lurking and researching things on the forum, so I decided it was finally time to make an account and join up.  Expect to see a lot of questions from me very soon! :)  I'm planning to do some upgrades and mods over the winter.

20211001_185158.jpg

20211018_162455.jpg

20211030_153609.jpg

Edited by joegeis
  • Like 2

• Global Moderator

Welcome to the forum.  I like that color bike and it looks like you already have a few mods (I see frame and axle sliders and a windscreen in the photos).  There are lots of great mods (I have done many of them on my bike) and lots of guys to answer questions here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

Welcome to the forum.  I like that color bike and it looks like you already have a few mods (I see frame and axle sliders and a windscreen in the photos).  There are lots of great mods (I have done many of them on my bike) and lots of guys to answer questions here. 

I'm the third owner and many mods were already done. Most were pretty decent mods. 

Previous owner added:

• LEDs all around
  • Tail tidy
  • "wind screen" (it does nothing but look good)
  • $150 eBay special exhaust (I admit it hasn't given me any problems yet though)
  • Frame sliders
  • Red levers (unknown brand)

I've added:

• Front/rear axle sliders
  • USB tapped into the Aux under the tank
  • Quad Lock phone mount
  • Kriega US-10 Tail bag

On my list for the winter:

• Steel braided brake lines, new brake pads
  • 2WDW ECU flash (if it will work with my generic exhaust)
  • DNA airbox and frame
  • Functional(ish) Puig windscreen
  • Bar end mirrors (maybe - I don't want to mess with the bar end weights and introduce vibration)

I'm really trying to avoid the trap of investing more in upgrades than the bike is worth, but even just researching mods is addicting!  I'm considering a better exhaust and suspension upgrade but those two things are big cash.

Edited by joegeis
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, joegeis said:

I'm the third owner and many mods were already done. Most were pretty decent mods. 

Previous owner added:

• LEDs all around
  • Tail tidy
  • "wind screen" (it does nothing but look good)
  • $150 eBay special exhaust (I admit it hasn't given me any problems yet though)
  • Frame sliders
  • Red levers (unknown brand)

I've added:

• Front/rear axle sliders
  • USB tapped into the Aux under the tank
  • Quad Lock phone mount
  • Kriega US-10 Tail bag

On my list for the winter:

• Steel braided brake lines, new brake pads
  • 2WDW ECU flash (if it will work with my generic exhaust)
  • DNA airbox and frame
  • Functional(ish) Puig windscreen
  • Bar end mirrors (maybe - I don't want to mess with the bar end weights and introduce vibration)

I'm really trying to avoid the trap of investing more in upgrades than the bike is worth, but even just researching mods is addicting!  I'm considering a better exhaust and suspension upgrade but those two things are big cash.

Looks like you’ve got integrated indicators in that headlight? Looks great, much better than stock. 

if you’re after an exhaust I would hugely recommend the ixil exhaust. I’ve got one and it sounds great and is much cheaper than the akra. 

if you’re after bar end mirrors I got some on Amazon that cost £35 and just attach to the stock bar ends. 

C11FA128-21FE-4EC3-A243-AC252C5DB2BB.jpeg

CB2F0CDC-F984-4C3C-A1CE-1EF7367C43D5.png

C017B287-51F3-444A-BFC7-6E008B2D2846.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, R22_PSC said:

Looks like you’ve got integrated indicators in that headlight? Looks great, much better than stock. 

if you’re after an exhaust I would hugely recommend the ixil exhaust. I’ve got one and it sounds great and is much cheaper than the akra. 

if you’re after bar end mirrors I got some on Amazon that cost £35 and just attach to the stock bar ends. 

I've actually got TST turn signals front and back. 

I love the look of that Ixil exhaust! Fits the style of the bike perfectly.  I've also been considering the Black Widow exhaust, which will run me about $450.  

Those bar end mirrors look nice. Sometimes they are too small, but those are a good size. Thanks for the suggestions!

• Like 1