The MT-07 Forum

WINTER SUX!

scordiaboy515

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

It was 50° when I started out yesterday. But with my two layers of pants, 5 layers of tops and two pair of gloves it's Saul Goodman.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator
It was 50° when I started out yesterday. <Hahaha> But with my two layers of pants, 5 layers of tops and two pair of gloves it's Saul Goodman.
I hope you do not have Bridgestone tires. You must look like the Michelin gal with that much clothing on :)

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
It was 50° when I started out yesterday. <Hahaha> But with my two layers of pants, 5 layers of tops and two pair of gloves it's Saul Goodman.
I hope you do not have Bridgestone tires. You must look like the Michelin gal with that much clothing on :)
Good thing I'm slim to begin with.  :) 

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

This is the way I have to look at it, Since I have to wait 6 long months when I finally get back in the seat its like the first time all over again.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

Being a little further south I'm still riding daily.. but it's becoming a chore to get prepped for said ride.

Everything went braap.

Growing up in northern California I remember when I thought that was cold, In North Dakota -70° proved to be a lot different.  The coldest I've rode in Missouri so far is 20° but I did have a thin layer of long johns.  The wind goes through most clothing at speed on our bike, especially when your running late for work.  I'm waiting for tax return so I can buy some better cold weather gear.  I'm glad (but jealous) that you guys get to ride most of the year, hope you are able to keep riding.

Still riding everyday, but the weather here has been back and forth. Lowest probably about high 20's so far and the Freeze Out gear has worked just fine.

• Premium Member

I have a pair of leather pants and I must say they cut the wind big time. I feel a little like Jim Morrison wearing em though haha. I m still using my mesh summer jacket with "rain" liner, thermal liner and a hoodie. Would like a nice leather jacket but coming up with $500 to spare takes some time.

I think I could handle all day every day once I get the jacket, sans snow or salt.

Everything went braap.

I have a pair of leather pants and I must say they cut the wind big time. I feel a little like Jim Morrison wearing em though haha. I m still using my mesh summer jacket with "rain" liner, thermal liner and a hoodie. Would like a nice leather jacket but coming up with $500 to spare takes some time.  
I think I could handle all day every day once I get the jacket, sans snow or salt.
Hobbs I have a mesh jacket that has both a water proof and cold weather liner, and it is more than enough, I rode today with a pair of cold weather gloves, the jacket and regualr riding jeans in 45 degree weather, speed up to 60mph, and my legs got a little cold, and a little chill around the outside of my facemask, all else good

Hobbs I have a mesh jacket that has both a water proof and cold weather liner, and it is more than enough, I rode today with a pair of cold weather gloves, the jacket and regualr riding jeans in 45 degree weather, speed up to 60mph, and my legs got a little cold, and a little chill around the outside of my facemask, all else good
What jacket would that be? 

What jacket would that be?
Cassecou, this is the jacket I have, actually was out today and it was around 35 degrees when I left, jacket worked very well, not chilly at all. The jacket fits sort of snug but I am okay with that, seems to have okay padding, I would prefer a better jacket like maybe an AlpineStar, Icon, or Dainese...but have not found that they make those for people built more like they probably ride a Harley :) :) 

http://www.cyclegear.com/SEDICI-Alexi-3-Season-Mesh-Motorcycle-Jacket#pr-header-back-to-top-link

Thanks thestache. I have been on the look out for that Sedici brand.
It seams they are making some good gears at a very descent price. I will do some research into that specific jacket ;)

And I was complaining yesterday when I left the house at 39 degrees, That's very cold in California terms. I put on my old cruiser leather chaps, flannel, sweater, leather jacket, baclava and I was good to go.

Greenhound386

Still beautiful in San Diego :)

We have had some rain on and off (badly needed), but I rode yesterday and it was around 65 degrees.

2011 ZX-6R
2015 FZ-07

• Premium Member

I'd be king of the road right now if the leather jacket I ordered fit, and if I wasn't sick.

If anyone is in the market for a leather jacket, the Fox Creek Leather "drifter" jacket is by far the swankiest, nicest article of clothing (or any tangible object) I might have ever had the pleasure of owning.

Everything went braap.

Guest August BB

Oops, wrong topic.

But I was able to remove the bike from winter storage last week because it was fairly warm here, so happy about that.

Picked my 07 up on Veterans Day and first real ride was 33F on the ride to work in the morning and 34F on the night ride home. My Marsee Adventure Jacket I bought years ago kept me warm. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/marsee-motorcycle-jacket-adventure-for-men-and-women~p~43981/
Definitely should have worn more than jeans though since my legs got pretty itchy as they warmed up :-)

Spent the day today installing the rear rack in the cold (no inside storage) and without a service manual it was a real chore figuring out how to remove all the plastic to get that thing on.

Archived